Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    6poodles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 03:13 AM
    I have no water in my house and my basement is flooded and have a well
    This morning there was a lot of water in my basement and it's possible I left the water running from a tap in the basement before bed. I am on a well system and this morning I have no water at all from taps and toilets won't flush. Do you think I have drained my well or the pump broke? What should I do ?
    aeproctor04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2013, 07:31 AM
    Chances are, you ran your well dry. Most wells can't handle numerous hours of continuous use. I would work on getting your basement cleaned up, bring in some water for drinking and cooking, visit friends, family or neighbors for shower and bathroom needs, if possible. In the mean time, give your well about 24 hours to begin filling back up. It all depends on what type of well you have. Shallow/sand point, bored or drilled(deep) as to how fast it will replenish. Hopefully your pump didn't burn up if it was trying to pump water from a dry well.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2013, 07:53 AM
    Also, turn your water heater off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement apartment flooded [ 3 Answers ]

I was living in a basement apartment in Michigan and it flooded after a rain storm. All of my electronics where ruined along with my bed. I got a contractor to come look at the apartment and he informed me that the subpump that was suppose to keep the water out of the apartment was installed...

The basement flooded now I can't light pilot on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

The basement flooded, now I am having a hard time lighting the pilot light on the water heater

Flooded rental basement [ 2 Answers ]

Ok.. Some friends of mine recently moved into a rental in central Kansas. They moved in not knowing the basement floods every time it rains heavy. Lately it's flooded at least once a month. Last week when it happened it left 6" of mud on the floor. The landlord dropped off a shop vac and has...

Flooded basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a split level where the finished lower level windows are at ground level. We flooded during a heavy Noreaster storm (the water was coming up through the foundation) and had to rip out our wall-to-wall carpeting. Before we replace the carpeting, we need to assure this flooding won't happen...

Flooded basement [ 2 Answers ]

We have a split level where the finished lower level windows are at ground level. We flooded during a heavy Noreaster storm (the water was coming up through the foundation) and had to rip out our wall-to-wall carpeting. Before we replace the carpeting, we need to assure this flooding won't happen...

View more questions Search