Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    101544 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 08:00 PM
    answers to pregnancy questions
    I was wondering I went to the doctors for abdominal pain, nausea and I'm always tired. Doctor took a urine sample for a pregnancy test it came out negative, but I'm only due for my period in about a week and a half, was there still a chance that I could be pregnant ? I'm just wondering because they force me to get an x-tray..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 27, 2013, 10:15 PM
    If your period isn't due for another week and a half, it would be way too early to test for pregnancy.

The thing is, a sexually active woman always has the potential for pregnancy. When an x-ray is needed they can only go by the facts that you present, which is your last period, and in some cases a pregnancy test. They base the decision to do an x-ray on that info. If you've recently had a period, haven't yet missed a period, then the assumption is that you aren't pregnant. They can't assume that you are without proof. If an x-ray needs to be done, they will do one if all present info leads to you not being pregnant at the time of the x-ray.

In other words, yes, you could be pregnant. You'll have to wait until your period is at least 2 weeks late, then test using first morning urine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy questions and answers online [ 7 Answers ]

I am late on my period by 4 days, I have a regular 28 day cycle so this is strange for me. I am on no birth control so am aware of the chances of being pregnant. However I completed a pregnancy test yesterday at my doctors surgery and it was negative. However I feel pregnant and just need...

Pregnancy questions and answers online [ 1 Answers ]

I am three months pregnant.can I do intercourse now.

Free answers to pregnancy questions [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 26 weeks pregnet and the docssaid everything was fine on my ultrasound but they mentioned I had two fluid pockets what does that mean?

Answers to questions about avoiding pregnancy [ 12 Answers ]

I am virgin and me and my boy friend had sex for 20 secs itself he did not ejaculate inside me.. I took I pill tablet within 8 hours.. even though I am scared about pregnancy can I pregnant?

Free questions and answers about pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know more about pregnancy. I will get married soon and I am not planning to have a baby soon. My questions are: 1. Does every sexual intercourse (without protection) have the risk of being pregnant? 2. Is there any specific time (Before or after her menstruation) to...

View more questions Search