Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satchrox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Colder Plugs?
    I was searching the net for something I can't remember and came across this Civic faq on 92-95 civics by txgreasemonkey.

It stated that engine knock on a 93 civic dx was solved by using a plug 2 steps colder

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post324106

I was wondering, wouldn't the plugs foul?

I ask because my civic (93 lx) had high NOX, like really high - 2 times the limit high, and these cars did not come with an EGR so controlling nox involves little more than a ouija board and some lavender incense.

I was thinking that using a colder plug would help nox? Engine seems to knock as well, but others have told me the noise sounds more like bad main bearing (though it's been there for 6 years, car sort of sounds like a deisel idling but not as loud)

Car failed smog with a gross polluter rating or whatever due to the crazy high nox, smog shop replaced cat and it passed - surely the cat isn't the only controlling mechanism for nox on these engines (D15B7) ?

I ordered the NGK ZFR7F-11's, but will they foul? If not, do you gap them the same? Thanks for your help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Gap the same. I've never had fouling problems. Let me know how it goes. In my engine (D15B7), knock manifested itself in valve noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pisa Bristan Shower - water is always colder than the tap [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I have a Pisa Bristan mixer shower. The shower, when turned to it's hottest setting, produces luke warm water, despite water from the tap being much hotter. I suspect that the mix of hot to cold water is not good even when I have turned the shower up to it's hottest. This is a permanent...

110 v plugs [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to connect a 3 pin plug( UK) to a cable from USA? I need to know which is live and which is neutral. Thank you

Fan blades outside only turn when sun comes out, does not work at night when colder [ 5 Answers ]

Up until a few days ago I was using the AC to cool down. It started getting cold outside so I switched it to heating. The fan blows cold air out of the vents all night but the blade outside does not spin. The blades only spin outside when the sun seems to come up and shine on the outside unit. By...

View more questions Search