Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nodnol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 08:37 PM
    I have had the same problem, and am still dealing with it. My solution has been to maintain a warm friendship with my husband's friend, but try to re-cast it in a more platonic light. My husband knows I adore his friend. My husband does not know the extent of that adoration, and because it's never been discussed directly between the friend and me, well, I have no worries about it ever coming out. In that sense, my situation does differ from yours. However, because the friend will continue to be around (as is my situation), I can advise you there. Try to think of the friend as a brother - someone you can continue to love, but in a non-romantic way. Remind yourself when the romantic feelings "pop-up" that you're married and love your hubby, and that the friend is just a friend. It helps even more when you can find some deal-breaker type flaw that doesn't damage your friendship, but makes him less attractive as a love interest. For me, it's my friend's bad teeth (he doesn't have health/dental insurance). Every time I start to obsess on him I think of his prominent cavity and think "YUCK!!" If you can think of a similar flaw, then it does make it a little easier to get a strangle-hold on those naughty, butterflies-in-stomach feelings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I told my crush I liked him! [ 10 Answers ]

Okay so today I was talkignto him online and he was bugging me about who I liked so I was like do you really want to no and he said yes so you said I kind of like you!. and he said cool What should I do now I don't know if he likes me but like then he had to leave so now I'm all confused what...

Huge Crush on my Husbands Friend [ 40 Answers ]

Oh my god. First of all, I wasn't sure if this is the right category to post my dilema, but I'm soooo glad I found this website. Anyway I have a major crush on my husbands friend. I can't stop thinking of him. I go to the store hoping to run into him. I know I told myself a million times...

My husband's Boss/Friend [ 7 Answers ]

My husband has worked for and with his boss for about 7 years now. Over that time, we have become close with the family. His boss is married and they have two children - 12 and 16. Over time, his boss has struggled with alcohol and fitness addictions. Lately, he seems to have become addicted...

Got a crush on this guy [ 13 Answers ]

I went on here hoping to get help for my own little crush-which is now a big crush. I am sooo hot for this guy I am practically aching. I never even see him anymore-like we (my husband & I) used to barbecue together, go out with he & whoever he was dating at the time. I have even set him up with...

Big crush [ 3 Answers ]

I recently met a guy at my work. We have been workign together for a few months. I find him completely attractive. He is somewhat of a dork to people because he wear big glasses and other things. None of those things bother me. He is very intelligent and a great guy. He seems to flirt and talk with...

View more questions Search