Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malcolm brown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Is there a shallow shower drain. We have bought a above foor rough in and shower with
    Is there a shallow shower drain for above floor plumbing
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
    How many inches do you have?
    You can make a shallow trap out of elbows, but this is one area you don't want to mess with code. Showers back up so easily, as do sewer gasses when you have drains in a basement. Cut or chop or chisel out a spot for the bottom of the trap. I assume that there is room for the drain to slope after that? How many feet away is the main drain?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 26, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Are you asking about a drain or a drain and trap assembly? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to join a cast iron rough-in drain to shower drain? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post. I have done some searching and not finding a way to do this. I have a cast iron rough in drain that I would like to join to a new shower drain. I have already taken out a rough mortar bed that was underneath a prefab shower pan. I will be building a new mortar bed...

Rough estimate to install new shower drain and p-trap [ 3 Answers ]

Me and the wife just bought a house and want to install a shower in the half bath. It is on a crawl space and also has the washer cold and hot lines a foot away from where we want to put the shower. Curious how hard a job this would be to do myself or what a plumber might charge. Also wondering...

Basement shower drain rough-in [ 3 Answers ]

How can I determine if the rough-in drain for the shower in the basement has a P trap installed beneath the concrete? The house was built in 1999.

Basment Shower Install w/o drain rough-in [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I have a basement with a toilet and sink. There is no stub for shower drain. I will be remodeling and wonder if I can add a shower and connect the shower waste drain to the sink waste line. I know there needs to be a trap under the shower drain, but would it work to frame and raise the...

Rough-in Shower Drain [ 1 Answers ]

My house has a roughed in shower drain in the basement, and I am planning to add a shower using the drain. The drain pipe is a 3" that sticks up from the cement floor about 4". The installation plan for the shower base shows about a 6" square cut out in the floor around the pipe. This is so the...

View more questions Search