Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmera876 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 09:29 AM
    Sears Help Desk why won't freezer door open now.
    Hello, I have a 2 hyear oldkenmore refrigerator/freezer. I cam ehome from a trip over the weekend andmhy wife told me the bottom freezer door won't open. I tried to pull it open with the handle on the top/front, then tried pulling out on the bottom of the door. Neither worked. It will not budge even a millimeter. No trays out of place and all food properly spaced. How can I fix this?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
    Model number?
    Is freezer compartment a pull out drawer?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2013, 09:39 AM
    You will have to thaw it out and find the problem. If it's two years old it surely needs cleaning under it on the coils with soap and water and it also could have an air leak that froze a block of ice and stuck it shut.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

Garage door opener remote won't open the door [ 1 Answers ]

My remote won't open the garage door. Wall mount will open the door, but continues to blink. Suggestions

My Sears Garage Door Opener Won't Work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears model number 139.53615SR. When I push the open/close button, I hear a click and the light comes on. The motor does not run and the trolley is not jammed. Any ideas?

Bottom freezer door pops open [ 1 Answers ]

When I close my Kenmore refrigerator door (596.7523940--bottom freezer model), the freezer door pops open. How do I adjust door to prevent this from happening?

Sears Kenmore Dryer door won't stay closed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer. The dryer door will not stay fully closed during the entire dryer cycle. During the dryer cycle, it will pop open and of course the dryer stops functioning. There is a small metal piece that protrudes from the door frame, which is supposed to fit into a...

View more questions Search