Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babeyshel007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Another puppy not eating
    I have read quite a few of the other messages about getting new puppies and them not eating, I have tried quite a few of the suggestions out too.. We adopted a puppy on last Saturday, its now Tuesday, she will only drink a little of water, I finally got her to eat a very small portion last night, but less than a half hour later, she throw ups or has diarrhea.. She's up to date on her shots, has been wormed, any ideas? If it she is a dacshund-sp? appromiately 7 weeks old..
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 09:31 AM
    With 4 days of not eating plus other digestive problems, it is time for a vet visit. In the sticky ''My dog won't eat.'', https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 I start with the case of the sick dog that needs to see the vet.
    hibr0503 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babeyshel007
    I have read quite a few of the other messages about getting new puppies and them not eating, i have tried quite a few of the suggestions out too..We adopted a puppy on last saturday, its now tuesday, she will only drink a little of water, i finally got her to eat a very small portion last nite, but less than a half hour later, she throw ups or has diarrhea.. She's up to date on her shots, has been wormed, any ideas? if it she is a dacshund-sp?, appromiately 7 weeks old..
    Hi puppies are very sensitive their first few months of life... try feeding him the food that the breeder had him on and slowly mix in his new food. Also coax him into eating and CALL THE VET. Sometimes moist food helps too, or soften his kibble.

Hope it helps.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Hibr, the poster is saying the puppy won't eat. She is not saying that she introduced new food. She obviously can't coax him into eating or else she wouldn't have posted. labman gave the correct advice. If you want to post, please make sure that you read the question correctly or you might frustrate and upset the poster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy Not Eating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 8 month old Dogue De Bordeaux and he has not been eating the last couple of days. We did move into a new house last week. He does eat a coupl ebites then just leaves the rest. I was wondering if he is not eating because he needs to adapt to his new surroundings or if I should take him...

My puppy eating [ 1 Answers ]

12/9/06 adopted a lab/hound mix 8 weeks puppy. Came home was eating and drinking fine, but today she is not eating. She seems to be playful and is doing her duties but is not eating. Is this something I should be worried about? Your answer is much appreciated.

New Puppy Barely Eating.. Please Help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Jason and yesterday my fiancé and myself picked up a small puppy. He has just been separated from her breed (brothers, sisters, mom and dad) and he has been barely touching her food. I am hand feeding the food to him so he can eat a little. Hes lucky if he eats 7-8 pieces.. I...

Puppy eating his own poop [ 21 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old black lab who eats his own poop and I cannot figure out why. Does anyone know why puppies do this? I try to keep him away from it but he is so quick sometimes! Is there something he is lacking in his diet? Thanks for the help.

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search