Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandgeek101 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2013, 02:09 PM
    Does He Like Me Or Not?
    I'm sorry this post is so long but I wanted to include a lot of details.

I've asked a similar question before but now there is a completely different boy with completely different circumstances. For the purpose of this post I shall call this boy "Bob."

Several instances have made me become suspicious:

1. On my birthday he knew I liked Lord of the Rings, so Bob wrote "Happy Birthday" on my Facebook wall in Elvish, which was strange because he almost never posts happy birthday in any language on his other Facebook friends' walls.

2. Bob started to come to the library (where I go in the mornings) more often, and sometimes I'd catch him staring at me. One time in particular he stared at me for almost 5 minutes, and when I looked over he would just keep staring, which was kind of uncomfortable; I honestly like this guy but you'd feel awkward too if someone stared at you for that long.

3. Last year the music department went on a cruise. While I was up on the top deck I noticed Bob kept following me around, and whenever I'd look at him he'd look down at his shoes. After about 15 minutes of this he finally came over to me and asked me to dance with him (which was not as much dancing as it was holding hands and swinging our arms around, but it was still fun).

4. During the same music department trip we went to visit the 9-11 Memorial, and while there another boy who wasn't Bob came up to me and told me a sad story about his father who died at the North Tower. Naturally I tried to console the boy (I hugged him once and patted him on the back) and while I listened to him talk I noticed Bob moving closer to me, until he was literally right next to me and the other boy, as if he was trying to eavesdrop on us. Indeed, while the boy was talking he kept looking over at Bob, who was staring fixedly at one of the fountains. Later I walked to one of the gift shops with Bob (who had "coincidentally" left at the same time as me) and having picked up that he may have been jealous, I tried to casually throw out about how the other boy was telling me about his father who died there, the point of which was to show that I wasn't romantically interested in this boy, I just felt bad for him. However, looking back I wonder if I had just made things worse, because Bob didn't look entirely relieved after I told him.

Bob and I don't really talk that much anymore (but when we do talk it's usually him that starts the conversation, if that's any consolation), and I'm scared that he's starting to lose interest in me. My friend has been pushing me to ask him out before it's too late, but I felt like I wanted a second opinion; it would be really embarrassing if I asked him out and it turned out he didn't really like me.

So, this finally leads me to my question:
    Do you think Bob really likes me?

Anyway, thanks for talking the time and actually reading my question.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 02:33 PM
    How more interest by starting more conversations, friendly like, and see. How old are you both?

Aug 25, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How more interest by starting more conversations, friendly like, and see. How old are you both?
    We are both 17
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Why don't you strike up a conversation with him, or speak to him when you see him. Maybe he is waiting for you to show some interest. Either way, neither of you will know until you talk to each other.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 25, 2013, 04:17 PM
    I don't get all these teens who feel they have to ask someone out. Yes, of course it's embarrassing if you get turned down - that's why you save dating for when you have a much better idea of how much someone likes you. And there are plenty of 'pre-date' ways to be alone, such as going for a walk.
    I'll bet HE thinks YOU are losing interest in him, poor guy. He's been doing all the conversation starting?

Aug 25, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Thanks for your answers everyone.
    As you might be able to tell, I know NOTHING about relationships and boys; my friend and I have never had boyfriends before. Also I'm really shy, and it's difficult for me to start a conversation with anyone, boy or girl. I'm doing better though; I'm trying to start more conversations with him (though he still starts way more conversations with me). My crush is kind of socially-awkward too, but he has had a girlfriend before (they dated for one year until they split up about 5 months ago), so he knows a little bit more than I do on the subject. Looks like I'll just have to keep trying and see where we end up.
    Mejayaa Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2013, 04:25 AM
    I'm seventeen as well, and from MY point of view and expierance with teenage guys, it sounds like he likes you. Especially since he starts the conversations and gives you gazes like that. I would test the waters and try a little bit of flirting with him to see how he reacts, good luck :)

Sep 23, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejayaa View Post
    I'm seventeen as well, and from MY point of view and expierance with teenage guys, it sounds like he likes you. Especially since he starts the conversations and gives you gazes like that. I would test the waters and try a little bit of flirting with him to see how he reacts, good luck :)
    Thanks for the advice. I tried talking to him more and it turns out he's a really nice guy. He even asked me to homecoming :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search