Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skr_girl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Acute angles
    If α, β are acute angles such that Sin = 1/12 and Cos β = 4/5

Calculate the six trigonometric functions for the sum and differences of the two angles….
    vrooje Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Did you mean ? There's no angle in the first one, and I'm going to assume you meant .

Do you have trig identities for the sum and difference of angles? e.g. and such?

I suggest that you think of the givens in terms of right triangles, and use SOHCAHTOA and the pythagorean theorem to find and .

Then use the identities to compute the sine and cosine of the summed and differenced angles, and from there try to get all six trigonometric functions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angles [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find the angles x and y here? http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2773/matenurk001vz2.jpg

Weird angles [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the...

Acute sinusitus infection [ 1 Answers ]

I have an acute sinus infection for 9 days now. I am on omnicef and prednisone as wellas Musenex D. Nothing is working. The pain has steadily increased and I don't know how to get any relief. It is constantly draining. Is there any kind of remedy that you can do at home to help until I can get back...

Acute Leukemia [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia, yesterday. He is scheduled to start Chemo tomorrow. He was diagnosed with Lupus in 2001. After he finishes the Chemo, do you think that taking Ambrotose would be a good idea? He will have to be in the hospital for 4 to 5 weeks in a sterile...

Acute Severe Dizziness [ 3 Answers ]

I have developed acute severe dizziness when changing positions. Could it be an inner ear infection?

View more questions Search