Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lidiakuznetsova Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Birth control pills
    On 7th of August I got birth control pills. I supposed to get my period on 20 August and I haven't got it yet. Could it be linked with getting on a pill?
    Best regards,
    Lidia
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 24, 2013, 07:50 PM
    Hi Lidia,

Yes, it can very well be the birth control pills that are changing your cycle. It is NORMAL for this to happen.

You likely have 3 weeks of "active" pills and then 1 week of "reminder" pills.

If you started on the 7th, there is a good chance your period won't happen until after the 28th. Your period starts a few days after you STOP taking the active pills. It's called "withdrawal bleeding" and it's normal.

Check with your doctor/pharmacist.

Hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control pills [ 402 Answers ]

Hello: It's clear that Limprod knows NOTHING about a woman's reproductive organs.. He thinks that the more sex a woman has, the more birth control she needs.. He's confused. Maybe he was absent that day in biology when the birds and the bees were discussed.. Or maybe his right wing...

Birth Control Pills [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on BCP for 3months now(yasmin precisely). I know my question might sound weird but I will appreciate an answer al the same. I will like to know what will happen if I stopped the pill for a whole month and then continue taking it again.. ie to say giving my body a 1 month gap 4rm the...

Birth Control Pills [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to be on my period to start birth control pills?

Birth control pills [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Sarah, I am 31 years old, I started using birth control pills as of the 11 th of this month, I used to take them( the same brand) few years ago, they are called diane 35, in some contries they are called dianete 35,, This type of birth control is OTC, and prescribed by...

Birth control pills [ 7 Answers ]

I stop taking the birth control pills before the week I was supposed too,because we trying to have a baby it's been 12 days I already took 3 pregnancy tests and I'm still not pregnant and I still don't see my period.

View more questions Search