Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WILLIAM HICKS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Why does the new exact fan remote not communicate w/ fan?
    New hampton bay fan remote will not communicate to 5 yr. old fan. No changes of fan, still in same spot. New remote received from gulf fans in texas same remote color, # of buttons and model # uc7083t ( photos online of their remote, so selection was easy.) dip switches in new control moved into position of original remote w/ ease. Original remote on/off button quit working but all other 4 buttons still perform. New remote----none of the 5 buttons work at all.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2013, 06:42 PM
    Did you also change the receiver?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost the remote to our ceiling fan - any way to operate fan without remote? [ 6 Answers ]

We have lost the remote to a generic brand ceiling fan. The light still works, but cannot get the fan to work without the remote - any way to override the remote feature and operate the fan - air conditioning is out in house and we are miserable!!

Hunter fan and remote, remote will not turn off fan [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to get this wiring right for days now. Please help. I have two wall switches wired to the ceiling fan. A hunter fan with light kit, no pull strings on fan, and the hunter remote with receiver. From the ceiling I have black, red, white, and ground. From the fan are the...

Will a Hampton Bay Fan or HarborB remote work to replace a Hunter fan remote control? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Hunter fan Model 23530 and it is missing the remote control Model 85095-01, Freq: 350Mhz, Battery 12V, Type 23A, MN-21 or equivalent. I have several Hampton Bay fan remotes that work. I also have a Harbor Breeze fan remote that I could use. They have the same functions and...

Hampton bay remote fan, light turns on by itself,also fan will slow or stop . [ 0 Answers ]

Hello just bought a house with a hampton bay fan and light, remote control no pull chains. At night the lights will come on without even touching the remote. Also the fan shut itself off last night. What do I need to do?

Tip: Hampton Bay Remote Fan - Fan works by remote, lights do not. [ 10 Answers ]

I figured this may help somebody here. I have a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan... the kind without pull chains... and the remote will only operate the fan portion but not the light. The light is always on. Not a big deal, as the light switch on the wall could be used to turn the light...

View more questions Search