Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Austin_Brewer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Drain\Odor problem.
    I have two drains, a bathroom drain and a kitchen drain. Earlier this year my uncle and I had to tie the furnace drain into one of the main drains. Where the furnace drain was lead to, it got closed up years ago. So we installed it into the closest one, the kitchen drain. That worked for a while, but later on the furnace broke down ( Still is currently ). Note: The furnace has had water in it since we moved in, because of the furnace water backing up onto the floor. So after we installed the drain and the furnace breaks down, lately the house will start smelling like sewage when the shower is ran. The water is also backing up through the Y ( Where the two drains meet in the ground ) into the furnace. The water is going through the A coil and down into the bottom of the furnace. I took the panels off the furnace to see the water. The water was dirty. The sewage smell is also coming up through the drain in the basement floor. ( We have clogged that drain with a rag ). Is this linked to the age of the house too? The house was built in the 1950's.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Have you augered the floor drain? Sounds like the main drain is clogged.
    Austin_Brewer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 09:29 PM
    No not that I know of, I am 14 so I am asking my parents most of the things. I thought maybe the bathroom drain is clogged. We did the Bleach solution that plumbers recommend but the smell still comes back. Could the clog interfere with the trap? There is also little white-ish dots in the water on the floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain odor [ 2 Answers ]

Periodically we have a strong odor that comes through the basement drain from the main sewer line. It only comes when we have our attic fan on that draws the odor up. It is so strong, it is embarrassing to have people over. We have had problems for several years, but it has gotten worse. I have...

Sewage odor from shower drain and washer drain [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a 2 story home. The master bath shower drain has started to smell horribly of sewage the past few weeks as has the drain for the washer in the laundry room directly beneath the master bath. Both drains only have the odor when they seem to be dry (not in use). I have read several snippets...

Bathroom Drain Odor [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Having Problems With Odors Coming From Both The Shower And Sink Drains In Two Of My Three Bathrooms. They Are At Opposite Ends Of The House, On Different Septic Tanks. The Strange Thing Is That The Odors Only Happen When It Rains. Even The Slightest Amount Of Rain Will Cause The Odors. I Feel...

(Another) Odor from basement shower drain problem [ 3 Answers ]

I know, not another question about shower drain, but I have a problem. I have searched this forum, and read some helpful tips for getting rid of the odor from the basement shower drain. The problem is, about two weeks ago for the first time since I have moved into my house (8 months ago) I...

Shower Drain Odor [ 1 Answers ]

Our guest shower has a sewer odor, and we have repeatedly filled the trap, but odor remains. It drains very fast, so is probably not clogged. Slab house in AZ, is there likely a roof vent for the shower only? Toilet is nearby. Know nothing about vents.

View more questions Search