Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheHermit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 03:11 PM
    Ice Maker connection
    I bought a new refrigerator and it has the water and Ice dispenser in the front. I already have the valve and a coil of copper that has been there sense I bought the house and couldn't use it.

Rather than use a saddle valve can I just remove that copper line it has a nut at the end for me to remove it and attach a stainless braided hose? Or will I need to buy an adapter that will allow me to attach my braided line.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 03:36 PM
    Hi TH

Remove the 1/4" copper line (and nut) and install the 1/4" braided hose... should be a simple swap over... ;)

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot find the connection to install the ice maker water line on a kenmore56926600 [ 1 Answers ]

On a kenmore56926600 I cannot find the connection to intasll the water line for the icamaker

Ice maker not making cubes my ge profile ice cube maker has stopped making ice [ 1 Answers ]

Ice maker not making cubes my ge profile ice cube maker has stopped making ice

What does the ice maker water inlet valve have to do with the ice maker leaking? [ 0 Answers ]

On my amana refrigerator, the ice maker leaks water at the inlet to the ice maker itself which drips heavily back into the dump tray which freezes the ice cubes all together. I was told the water inlet valve may be at fault. Why? Does the inlet valve have anything to do with the pressure going into...

Sub zero ice maker continues to make ice now ice drawer is stuck [ 0 Answers ]

The ice maker in my sub zero model 561 has continued to make ice even though the switch has been turned off. Now the ice drawer is jammed and the ice maker is jammed with ice cubes stuck together. How can I open the drawer and what can I do to fix this issue?

Ice maker water inlet valve connection [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning to replace my water inlet valve of my referigrator ice maker. I am confused with the electric connection. The +ve or -ve is not marked on the referigrator side or valve side. Please advice how to find this. Or Is it OK if I connect it anyway? Thanks Sam

View more questions Search