Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Loss of water pressure (airlock?) in toilet cistern.
    Hi, I'm unsure whether this question has been asked before. I had a look around, but couldn't find an answer, so here goes:
    I turned the water supply to my house off last night (at the meter outside) in order to fit some new taps. Every time I do this, and then turn the water back on I get an airlock in the cold tap in the bathroom. I expect this and know how to clear it, using a mains fed tap and a hosepipe. Turning the water off, and then back on also creates an airlock in the toilet cistern, which usually clears automatically when I clear the airlock from the tap, but this time it hasn't cleared it. Is there anything I'm not doing which I should be, or anything else I can do? I'd really appreciate your help. Thank-you!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 07:48 PM
    What does the valve in your commode tank look like, if it is grey and black, with a black top it is possible that this is a valve that will not let the water fill until you have flushed the commode using the handle. This is to protect you from you commode leaking water through it all the time, this device will not let the float drop if the water just seeps out slowly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

My water pressure will fluctuate a lot and sometimes the pump will not turn back on, I have replaced the tank and the pressure switch. I also checked the electrical connections in the control box for the pump and found a bit of corrosion on the ground terminal. I cleaned that all off and put...

Loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I awoke to a complete lack of any water pressure. I checked the tank and it showed 20lbs of pressure. I found no leaks and no fuses were tripped on the pump. What should I check next? What could be the problem?

Loss of Water Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I was doing the dishes the other day and the cold water went out. I can get Hot water, but not cold at the kitchen sink. I checked the nobs below the sink and the cold has a leak coming from the nozzle. Any help would be great. Thanks

Loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I realize this question has been asked before but the proposed solutions have not corrected my problem. I have recenly renovated my kitchen and have added an island which includes my sink and dishwasher. After the plumbing had been connected, I noticed a considerable reduction in the...

Loss of Water Pressure [ 7 Answers ]

Our house is on a slab. We have copper pipes. Just recently and rather abruptly we began to lose water pressure. When we turn on the shower the water pours out for about 10 seconds and then drops off to a near trickle. We have not changed or added any fixtures. The showers are both single handle...

View more questions Search