Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Mar 27, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Purchasing PS3 or Wii, opinions ta!
    Right, so, should I get a PS3 or a Wii?

The Wii looks like a ton of fun, but I don't know how quickly I'd bore of it!

The PS3 looks amazing, but it's HUGE and stupidly expensive!

(Oh, has anyone seen the youTube parody of this argument by the way? Funniest thing I've seen in a while! :p )

Mar 28, 2007, 01:08 AM
    So No one is going to tell me how to spend my cash!

Oh, and I've just been told that Guitar Hero Advanced is coming out for Xbox 360 (With wireless guitars! Awesome!) So that may have put a third possibility into the mixer!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:10 AM
    I am looking for a wii, they are like gold dust in the UK

It's far better than the PS3 in my opinion, and I have my PC to play good looking games on anyway :)

Have you tried a wii? You don't realise just how fun it is until you have played it. It's much more of a party console, you don't want to play it just on your own, maybe a ps3 is a better choice if you don't see yourself playing with friends very much.

I played on my friend's wii for a whole day and my arms ACHED the following day, part of the reason for me wanting a wii is the workout you get from playing it :)

Mar 28, 2007, 01:13 AM
    Good call!

Can't believe how many shops still had LOADS of PS3's in stock on Saturday afternoon, Virgin Megastore in Sheffield still had 40 left when I walked past!

Good point about the PC too, I didn't look at it that way!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Either PS3s aren't selling as well as Sony are making out, or they coped with the stock VERY well. They're playing it safe and appealing to the hardcore gamers. If they don't realise that hardcore gamers are very quickly becoming the minority of the market, then they might find themselves doomed.

The PS3 is exactly like the PS1 or the PS2, just more powerful.

The wii, to me, says "come play with me, come buy me, we can be friends and enjoy life together"

That's where my money will be going :) (once I find one!)
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Oh another thing, The Xbox 360 is somewhere in the middle, maybe that would be the console of choice for you if you want some good graphics and good gameplay and not so much wallet emptying. Plus it has a huge catalog of games already.

The exercise point of the wii is definitely a draw for me, my metabolism is slowing and my bad eating habits are coming back to haunt me ;)

Mar 28, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    ... my metabolism is slowing and my bad eating habits are coming back to haunt me ;)
    Tell me about it;

"I drink a milkshake and my jiggles for a week!" To quote Adam Sandler in Big Daddy! :D

A couple of mates own Wiis and say that you really do feel the burn in your arms when playing certain games like tennis and bowling!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Yeah and the platform is perfect for exercise games :)

Anyway, hope this helped you make up your mind a little?

Keep in mind that I'm slightly biased towards the wii, I love nintendo and the things they are doing. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't love anyone else if they were doing the same things, but to me the other consoles are dull and boring :)

I really recommend getting your hands on one to try, it will convince you about it :)

Mar 28, 2007, 01:43 AM
    My mate works in an exchange shop, where he can take things back and get a full refund within 14 days (plus staff discount! Yes!) so I think the Wii is the way to go!

Cheers for your input!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Can he get me one? :o

Mar 28, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's got some in stock, it's in Sheffield though! Lol!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 02:03 AM
    Hmmmmm, how much of a staff discount are we talking? If it's more than the postage then I'm sure we can sort something out.

Mar 28, 2007, 02:11 AM
    I'm not sure, I'll have a word and let you know!

Because it's an exchange shop the majority of them are second-hand, but in A+ condition, so they're cheaper than normal anyway!

Where abouts are you!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 02:13 AM
    Essex. That would be great if you could let me know :)
    kristaxmariexoxo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 02:34 AM
    The wii is probably the best choice I have one finally and the graphics are amazing and the game play is too I would say buy the wii now if you can find one and get the ps3 when its cheeper
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 02:39 AM
    I wouldn't call the graphics amazing, a lot of the wii game developers aren't using the full power of the console though, the wii can easily beat a ps2 into the ground, although it's nowhere near as powerful as the ps3. The wii cannot support HDTV format either, which limits the graphical capability.
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Mar 28, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I've got a wii (sorry cap!) & I have to say it is one of the best consoles around. I have to admit to a bias towards Nintendo but it is DEF worth the money if you can find one.
    There is a good mix of styles/genres to occupy everyone.
    The only downside ( & it is a small one) is that the controls are difficult to get used to and sometimes do things you don't want... but it all adds to the fun!
    Happy hunting!
    Moomin
    :)

Mar 28, 2007, 11:58 PM
    My pet name for my Girlfriend in Moomin!

(She used to get called it at School because she was a tad podgy, I thought that was brilliant and have been calling her it ever since!)
    goob12 Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 10:04 AM
    I think you shoulsd get a wii as not only are there great games coming out for it every month but you control almost everything on the games and it is great excersise if you can't be bothered to get up off your but and go for a walk.
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I got me a wii, it's fantastic fun :D Haven't had much chance to play it as I have an exam Saturday, but as soon as I get back from that I'm playing it for the rest of my life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PS3 or 360 [ 34 Answers ]

I never thought this might be a problem but, I've already had a PS2 and a bunch of games for it and never had any xbox games, while so far my friends all have 360's and now the PS3 is coming out. I want to get the PS3 because of my games that I can play for it. But then I can play the online on the...

Trying to find a wii [ 13 Answers ]

Does anyone know when a new shipment of Nintendo Wiis are coming in? I have been searching for a LONG time for one, but I just can't seem to get a hold of one.

Ps3 impossible to get! [ 29 Answers ]

Omg its so impossible stores just won't tell you the truth about wheather or not they got the ps3.. point being... Does anybody know any legit sites making the ps3 available for preorder by christmas time. I really want one.

Second shipment of Wii [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone if and when there will be another shipment of the Wii before christmas?

EBay Wii and PS3 [ 9 Answers ]

I couldn't help but notice that on eBay, Wiis and PS3s are selling like crazy, all of them selling for more than retail value. So my question is, is it legal to be selling a PS3 for $7000 and make so much of a profit of anothers work, or a legal selling of one persons possession to another?

View more questions Search