Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nkakkalis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2013, 12:38 PM
    Hot water heater corrosion on thr sides
    Water is leaking on the side of the tank from corrosion, can I weld a piece of metal to stop the leak?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2013, 03:01 PM
    No way,

How old is you heater?

Time to change the water heater, good luck.

John
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2013, 03:06 PM
    Welding will destroy whatever glass lining is left. Time to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

Is this water heater corrosion repairable? [ 3 Answers ]

Both intake/out couplings corroded, I have not shut-off the water and drained the heater to allow removal of the corrosion (rust) because I would like to know what repair materials I should have on hand. Because of the extent of the damage I am prepared to solder or replace what-ever it may need...

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

Water Heater connection corrosion [ 24 Answers ]

We have a 5-year old home with a gas water heater. There is a lot of corrosive-looking material (rust colored flaky stuff :rolleyes: ) where the 3/4" copper house plumbing is connected to 2 steel or some other metal (not copper) pipes coming out of the water heater. I'm not sure that is very...

View more questions Search