Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandra Kennedy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2013, 12:30 PM
    Want divorce and wife's in nursing home w/ dementia. Have been with a woman for 5 yea
    My wife has been in a nursing home for the past 5 years with dementia. Before illness we were living together but separately. I have a life with someone and she had her personal life. Now I want to divorce and our daughter has POA so what would be my next step. She has been under Medicaid so this is not a fraud situation.

Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 23, 2013, 01:47 PM
    So neither of you own a home or have any assets of significance?
    Does her daughter know you want this, and if so, how does she feel about it?
    What state is it?

I wouldn't do this without an attorney, even though I got a divorce without one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Get an attorney, most likely they may want support for wife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to divorce me but I believe he has early dementia? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has filed for divorce and I believe he has early signs of dementia. Can I get a court order to have him tested and do I have to sign any papers? I don't want to get a divorce at all. I love him dearly.

I am on skilled care in a nursing home do I have to pay them my srs nursing home [ 0 Answers ]

I am in a nursing home under medicare and medicaid. I came back from the hospital and received skill care for 90 days. Do I still have to pay my monthly payments to the nursing home on top of my medicare and medicaid payments?

Can you get a divorce from your husband if he has dementia and is in a nursing home. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a divorce from a spouse who has dementia and is in a nursing home. He cannot sign his name or understand many things. I want the divorce because of Medicaid issues. I want to keep his qualified for medicaid. We are both on Social Security and they apply both amounts. If he was...

Elderly woman living in a nursing home and is coming into money [ 3 Answers ]

My friends mother is in her 80's living in a nursing home. The mother got hurt and needed an operation because of neglect from the nursing home. My friend sued and now the case is coming up. My friend thinks she 's coming into a lot of money. In a case like this who actually gets the money?...

Yea, yea, yea, finally [ 16 Answers ]

Phony rip off liar getting what he deserves!! Poetic Justice! BALTIMORE (AP) -- A federal jury on Wednesday awarded the father of a fallen Marine $2.9 million in compensatory damages after finding a fundamentalist Kansas church and three of its leaders liable for invasion of privacy and...

View more questions Search