Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikkiV1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2013, 02:35 AM
    Fathers how would you feel about your adult daugther dating men around your age
    I am in my late twenties and I have been dating him for over a year. I am not looking for someone to support, I got introduced to him because we work in the same field.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 23, 2013, 03:09 AM
    I'm a woman. I don't think it matters what anyone thinks. You are an adult, and not just a new adult either. I'm wondering why you are asking. Is your father disapproving?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2013, 03:12 AM
    Not saying I would be happy about it, but my greater concern would be whether he was a good person who would do right by my daughter. And also my daughter's feelings for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2013, 05:12 AM
    I wouldn't be happy, but would try to have an open mind about her choices.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 23, 2013, 06:41 AM
    What exactly is the age difference?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Assuming girl is in mid 20s or latter, it is her choice. I may not be happy, but she has to live her own life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do the adult children have a right to fathers possesions before his death? [ 5 Answers ]

My father is in a nursing home and incompetent on signing papers. Step mother is buying his half of their home to pay for nursing home. We want the things out of the house that belonged to our parents. Do we have to wait till he passes or can we get them now.

Daugther dating boyfriend for 3 years we don't like him [ 9 Answers ]

Daughter dating boyfriend for 3 years and parents don't like him

I feel my daugther dislike me as a father [ 1 Answers ]

For a long time I have felt that I been losing my daugther love and respect. She turning twelve on Thursday. I try calling her she doesn't pick her phone. Her mother and I are not together. Her mother never tells me anything about her. All she talks to me about is money. When I call the home phone...

I feel my daugther dislike me as a father [ 1 Answers ]

For a long time I have felt that I been losing my daugther love and respect. She turning twelve on Thursday. I try calling her she doesn't pick her phone. Her mother and I are not together. Her mother never tells me anything about her. All she talks to me about is money. When I call the home phone...

View more questions Search