Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passat98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Passat 98 cuts out
    Hi I have recently purchased a VW Passat (R 98) and at times it cuts out otherwise it drives fine.the only time it cuts out when you slowing down the car at give way and or at roundabouts or even when you trying to park it. The mechanic does not seem to understand but it is really annoying.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 07:08 AM
    . Check for codes.
    . Replace spark plugs.
    . Replace igniter and coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VW passat warm start [ 15 Answers ]

I have a volkswagen passat on 51 plate and it is having problems starting when warm used to do it rarely now is doing it on regulry basis I think its starting motor any ideas any one thanks

Landlord Cuts Off Utilities [ 19 Answers ]

He Turned Off My Lights Then Filed An Unlawful Detainer. Who Do I Call?

Carrier furnace cuts out [ 3 Answers ]

Has any one found a solution for the Carrier weathermaker furnaces when they fail to cut in when the thermo calls for heat. I have to turn off the power at panel box or kill switch for 5/ 10 seconds then flip back on then the furnace will cut in, apparently some kind of safety sensor, but it does...

Furnace flame cuts out [ 10 Answers ]

Having problems keeping flame burning in furnace.Oil furace hadn't been used in 2 years and had oil delivered recently.We figured the tank would be close to empty but were told after it was filled that it was already over 1/3 full. Furnace would light up with yellow flame but then turn blue and...

View more questions Search