Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizgoguma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 09:07 AM
    ACNE problems! And rash from acne cream!
    So, now, it's been a week that I'm waiting for my skin to heal, but it's still not getting any better. I've used an acne cream that was prescribed by my doctor (5% benzoyl peroxide) and spread it over my face. (I know.. that was just a very stupid thing) Then after 2 days, my face literally burned! I got these huge itchy rashes all over..

Now, after a week of waiting, the red rashes turned DARK in colour! I look like I have big burn scars on my face! My doctor said to do nothing.. and that's what I'm doing.. but it's been a week.

Btw, when I touch those dark areas, they are not dry.. so I guess they are not dry skin.. which means that it will be very hard for them to get rid of.

So my question is.. is there a possibility that these marks will go away? School starts in more than a week T-T
    Sinquisitive Posts: 27, Reputation: 10

Oct 3, 2013, 02:31 PM
    It sounds like you managed to give yourself a chemical burn. Usually, the darkened skin will peel off and you'll have new skin underneath. (This is how some deep chemical peels work, by the way. Kind of messed up if you ask me.) Like your doctor said, don't mess with it. Just let your body heal on its own so that you don't make it worse or get scarring. It might be done healing in a week or a little bit more... or it might take longer, just depends on your body. Let it be, it's a process.

Also, you should try going down to a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, as 5% is usually overkill. 2.5% should clear up most acne (even deep, cystic acne) if used properly.

Anyway, things like this happen sometimes in life. If you have to go into school with some dark patches of skin, so be it. This will not be the defining moment of your life, I promise. Just let yourself heal and don't worry about what anyone else might think.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Acne spot fading cream [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Doc, I'm a dark skin man , and I've dark spot after acne . I'm thinking of using a Kojic acid cream for the treatment . I would like to tell you that I've used salicylic acid cream in the past and it worked well for me , I want to know if I can use use both salicylic & Kojic acid creams...

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

At 37 I should not be using sons acne cream [ 3 Answers ]

can somebody please advice me on how to get rid of my acne. I'm 37 and still suffer. Ihave tried so many products with no success. I've booked a 7 course of microdermabrasion at the harley medical centre costing £500. And after the first course last week I broke out again. Its really getting me...

View more questions Search