Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Cuban bread get stale
    Cuban bread gets stale. And hard like a rock. I've tried putting in
    The microwave. Then I wrapped it in a wet paper towel, and put that
    In the microwave. No benefit. Still like a rock.

Any suggestions
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Yeah, Oneill. The microwave isn't the way to go.

Get a paper bag big enough to fit the bread in. No waxed paper bags. Just a paper bag. Put the bread in the bag. Wet it all down thoroughly. Not to the point that the bag falls apart but just thoroughly enough. Place it in the oven at 250 degrees. When the bag is completely dry, pull it out. The bread should be softened.

How do you store the bread when you bring it home? You should leave the bread in it's wrapper and put it into a sealed/zipped plastic bag. It will keep it soft for a couple of days at least.
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 27, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneill474
    Cuban bread gets stale. and hard like a rock. I've tried putting in
    the microwave. then I wrapped it in a wet paper towel, and put that
    in the microwave. no benefit. still like a rock.

any suggestions
    Not really because this is a type of bread that is supposed to be eaten right away and not kept for later, just like French baguette. If you MUST keep it then while it is still soft and fresh put it in the freezer (wrapped very well to avoid freezer burn) to keep until you will eat it. Let it thaw and then wrap in tinfoil and bake until all warm.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Wrap loaves in saran wrap while fresh or warm and then put into zip locking bags, generally keeps about a week, but I go early to get it while it still warm.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 03:38 AM
    In the oven, wrapped in foil, heat at 350 for about l5 minutes.
    heatrule Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2011, 06:18 PM
    I had to invent something for this science fair in my school so I invented a bag that the cuban bread goes in that keeps the bread soft but it actually makes the bread softer! Its really simple to use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bread [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my sourdough bread always fall when I bake it. Drops by about a third; any Ideas as to how to prevent this? Many thanks, Reed

Rescue story of illian gonzalez, the cuban [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the news story about Illian's rescue from the water and how his mother died and he made it with the help of a dolphin. If anyone can direct me to this info I'd appreciate it.

Cuban songs help [ 5 Answers ]

There was a song in cuba that they always played at the end of the night and I think it was called conga de santiaguera and it was like reggaetonish. If anybody nos what this song is called and who its by please tell me. There was also another song that they played during the entertainment at my...

View more questions Search