Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sign4you Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 05:31 PM
    My husband wants to abopt my baby. What can I do?
    My husband wants to abopt my baby but I have no clue who her real father is. The only person who I thought was the father turned out not to be the father. What can I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Really, you have no clue? Were you raped? Or just had a series of one night stands woth strangers around that time?

Unless that was the case, you should have some idea. The court will require that make an attempt to determine who the father is and their permission for the adoption before they grant it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 06:02 PM
    Make a list of all the men you slept with that could potentially be the father, and then start the DNA tests to find out which one it is.

Seriously, how long could the list be? How could you not at least have an idea of the men that could potentially be this child's father?

Bottom line, the only way to establish paternity (who the daddy is) is DNA testing. So make your list, and start calling and testing. When you find out who the father is he'll need to agree to his child being adopted, and sign away his rights before the adoption can take place.

You have your work cut out for you if you don't even have an idea who the father could be.

Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 06:12 PM
    You start the process of finding out who the real father is so he can sign his rights away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 3 Answers ]

My current husband has two kids the first child mother cheated on him so she put the guy she cheated with name on the birth certificate so my husband has never been responsible for her. But he has another child with same mother and he pays child support for him. The question is he is wanting to...

Adoption laws Ohio father blocking adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I have a now seven year old boy. His father lives in Ohio and has been ordered to pay child support which he has done for the past three years almost consistently. He has no contact with his child and I can count on my hands the number of times he has seen him while we too lived in Ohio. He has had...

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Non adoption [ 2 Answers ]

If my ex husband will not sign off rights for adoption, can my children use my husband of 3 years, lastname? My kids hate their dad and their lastnames. I know they can't sign legal forms with it, but can they say that their lastname is the same as mine and my husbands?

View more questions Search