Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkemper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 03:05 PM
    Picture of biological grandfather. Are there any ways to find out who this guy is?
    Hi,

I am in possession of a photo of a man who I am told is my grandfather. My father was born out of wedlock and later legally was given the last name of his stepfather. I have been trying to figure out who this man is but have hit a wall in my research. My father was born in the mid to late 50s in Wilmington, North Carolina.

From looking at the picture I have gathered that he is a black man looking to be in his forties wearing what appears to be a Greyhound bus drivers uniform. I think that the picture must have been taken in the 60s. He is also wearing a wedding ring. My mom said he was a bus driver and that my father used to try to contact him all the time, but the man in the photo wanted nothing to do with him.

I am unable to establish contact with my father, or his family and they have no interest in ever speaking to my "grandfather" but I would like to know more about my heritage. Are there any ways to find out who this guy is? Any help would be appreciated.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2013, 05:07 PM
    Only thing I can think of without a name is look up historic things in that area at that time. High school year books. Talking to people in that area, etc... Maybe old timers, Greyhound. It's a long shot but without a name its hard to just look someone up and find them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find biological grandfather [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find my biological grandfather? My mom was adopted and knew her mom but not her father. Her mom would never tell her until the hour before my mom passed away. I was never able to find out and I don't know where my grandmother moved to. Is there a way I can find out for medical reasons and...

Man goes into picture. [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so I remember watching this on TV when I was little - 80's - probably on channel 13, or 5 in California - it was old, but was in color, maybe from the 60's or 70's? - Anyway, the part I remember has this guy, he's some kind of thief or something, and he's trying to hide in a museum, or art...

Child support from non-biological man [ 33 Answers ]

I have been living with a man for 4 years. He has basically took over the father figure roll only in paying for bills and expenses for living. He has bought the food, and bought the children clothes for school. I did not make much money and I have now been out of a job since last October. I...

Biological father all of a sudden wants to be in the picture. [ 2 Answers ]

My sons biological father has barely been in my sons life. I asked him to give up all his rights so my finance would be able to adopt him when we get married. He told me there was no way he would do this. So, I told him he couldn't see him anymore. Why all of a sudden when I tell him my finance...

How long does my sons biological father have to be out of the picture before my husba [ 2 Answers ]

My son's biological father has been in and out of my son's life for almost six years. I filed for custody and won with visitation at my discretion. His father is in and out of jail on a regular basis. I can not get him to give up his rights, he won't do it because of his ego "what will people...

View more questions Search