Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darniel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
    Can a filter be installed before shallow well pump to keep scale out of the jet
    I have an older well with a shallow well jet pump. About once a week I have to jam a screwdriver through the jet orifice access to knock out a piece of small scale. Is there a filter available to install with a large enough mesh not to hinder pump operation. I have a 3/4" line to pump from check valve.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Wouldn't hurt to give it a try. The filters like you are referring to are fairly inexpensive (fifty bucks or so at Lowe's, for instance). It is generally recommended that filters go after the pressure tank, but if it works, then hooray for you.

I think this is what you are referring to: Shop Whirlpool Valve-In-Head Clear with Sediment Filter at Lowes.com
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 20, 2013, 06:28 PM
    knock out a piece of small scale
    That implies build up of mineral deposits. Please describe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Priming a shallow well jet pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a jet pump that I have been working on priming. I have an addition going in and the water lines were disconnected. I can get the pump to prime but I cannot get the pressure over 30 lbs. I shut off the pump and the pressure will hold at 30 but I cannot get it above. Any suggestions?

Shallow well jet pump [ 2 Answers ]

My 40/60 3/4hp shallow well jet pump will run continuously and will not build up pressure in the bladder. The bladder will hold pressure though. I have filled it with air and when I turn on the water it loses its pressure and when the pump kicks on it just keeps running without building the...

1 hp shallow well jet pump [ 4 Answers ]

My well has been sitting idle for a number of years. 1 1/2 hp sprinkler pump broke. Now they have a 1 hp shallow well jet pump. Problem it has 1" piping. The well pipe is 1 1/2 looks like I would have to use a pvc reducer adapter?

Shallow well jet pump [ 7 Answers ]

I replaced foot valve and pressure switch but pump will not build pressure and pump out water

View more questions Search