Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qazwsx18 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 11:15 AM
    I Can't Open My Vitamin Jar!
    I've already been sitting here for an hour trying to open this vitamin jar! I can't do it! I try searching on the I internet but it just shows results of if you should take vitamins and stuff like that. I'm getting very frustrated right now because the jar won't open! Please help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Its got a child proof cap... did you read the embossed printing on the lid? Some you push down and turn... some you squeeze at two points and turn.

Aug 20, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Its got a child proof cap...did you read the embossed printing on the lid? Some you push down and turn...some you squeeze at two points and turn.
    I pushed down at it and turn cause it says to do so but when I pushed down and turn it it just makes a noise and doesn't work
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 11:21 AM
    Maybe you aren't pushing down hard enough as you turn it... do you have arthritis that would make it difficult?

They require far more effort than a small child would be able to exert. People with arthritis or some other physical limitations might find it difficult or impossible. But someone in average health should have no problem.

Aug 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
    Maybe you aren't pushing down hard enough as you turn it....do you have arthritis that would make it difficult?

They require far more effort than a small child would be able to exert. People with arthritis or some other physical limitations might find it difficult or impossible. But someone in average health should have no problem.
    I tried opening my old vitamin jar which I just finished and I can open that one but this one I can't open it
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by qazwsx18 View Post
    I tried opening my old vitamin jar which I just finished and I can open that one but this one I can't open it
    Maybe it's a rare defect in the cap... perhaps take it back to the store and see if anyone else can open it there or exchange it (if someone else can't there is the valid reason for it).

I have actually seen a few childproof caps with issues over the years.

Aug 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
    Maybe its a rare defect in the cap....perhaps take it back to the store and see if anyone else can open it there or exchange it (if someone else can't there is the valid reason for it).

I have actually seen a few childproof caps with issues over the years.
    I'm not sure that I could exchange it because I already opened the seal then put the cap back on and now I can't open it
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Is the other bottle the same brand and type? Maybe have a neighbor help. And if they are the same just change the caps.

Plus you have the knowledge if someone else has the same problem... then its nothing you was doing wrong.

Me... I'd rip the outer part of the cap off, I've done that more than a few times... but I don't know what tools and stuff you have available.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2013, 11:42 AM
    You may have screwed it back on incorrectly so that the grooves in the lid and the ridges on the jar don't match. It will probably take brute force to force it open. Is there a brute-force person anywhere nearby?

If you have the empty jar that works okay or another jar, I'd tranfer the vitamins to a jar you know you can open so this won't happen again. (My Walgreen's acetaminophen bottle is like this -- I have to be very mindful every time I replace the cap on it or it will get messed up.)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 11:42 AM
    Did you have it in a place that is rather warm? I have found that it is hard to open vitamin bottles when they get pressure from being in heat and/or close to expiration.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Did you have it in a place that is rather warm? I have found that it is hard to open vitamin bottles when they get pressure from being in heat and/or close to expiration.
    From the sounds of it, this is a new jar, so I doubt it's close to expiration. I wonder why the lid would be harder to open if left in a warm place. Interesting. Why would that happen?

I agree with WG, you may have put the lid on incorrectly when you opened it the first time. If the lid isn't put on exactly right, it's very hard to open.

I also agree that you should go back to where you purchased it. They may not refund the cost, but they should be able to help you get the lid open.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 12:47 PM
    Yeah I realized that after I hit submit and a bunch more replies than the original 3 were there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic reaction to taking vitamin e and vitamin c [ 18 Answers ]

I have been taking for about 3 weeks 400iu vitamin e and 1000 mg vitamin c. I have han an allergic reaction on my back chest an arms of little red bumps an blotchy spots. How can I treat this at home, have no insurance?

A difficult-to-open jar may open easily after being run under hot water for a moment. [ 2 Answers ]

A difficult-to-open jar may open easily after being run under hot water for a moment. Explain.

My program tells me its unable to access a jar file n tus does not open.what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I restored my PC due to some problems and by d time it was fully restored, I noticed that 1(ziggy tv) of my programs which was before now working well had brought a java virtual machine launcher error message that "unable to access jarfile lib\ziggyTv. jar".I also restored d system to when d progrm...

Vitamin C content in vitamin C tablets [ 3 Answers ]

I will be provided with a 0.1% DCPIP solution and have to find Vitamin C content of different Vitamin C tablets.. Normally they contain 1000mg vitamin C which is 1g... And the vitamin c content can be determined by titration with DCPIP solution but how do I make up a equal 0.1& solution of...

View more questions Search