Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JasonAkerr24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 08:51 PM
    What career can I have with a felony?
    OK I was recently discharged from my parole and prison sentence. I am 24 years old and would like to be able to still make a good living to support my family and myself. My question is what kind of career is still available to me or what can I still go to school for that I will be able to advance in? If u have any kind of ideas please let me know. Thank you for your time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 20, 2013, 12:27 AM
    How about something in the building trades - framing, concrete, paving, landscaping, cabinetry, roofing, HVAC, plumbing, electric. The last 3 have short school courses you can take, and then you apprentice for low pay to start. The others you learn on the job.

Another idea is green energy, such as wind turbine maintenance/installation and solar panels. Not as easy to find jobs depending on where you live.

If you are willing to move to South Dakota, there are fracking jobs, and they don't even ask for experience. Conditions are tough and the pay is high and the cost of living is high.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 20, 2013, 03:33 AM
    As you get older and less physically able, the smart ones move into project management, estimating, building inspection, and other mostly office jobs. You can take courses as you go, such as in specific software for estimating and project management, and you can take state tests for various licenses, that shouldn't be affected by a criminal record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career with felony [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I got a possession of chemicals for the manufacture of methamphetamine. I got a felony or the 3rd degree, I talked to my probation officer and he said 3 years after I get off probation I can get it expunged. But I want to know what I can still go to college for. I'm 19 years old and I...

What career can I get with a felony [ 5 Answers ]

I have a drug charge, I got convicted dec 2010, I'm in school right now but there's a lot of people telling me that I'm waisting going to school for social worker.. I was going to school before I got convicted but now I'm confused. I don't want to waste my time going to school for nothing. What...

What career choices do I have with having a felony? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know some career choices that I have with having a felony?

I have an felony on my record will that hurt mt career [ 16 Answers ]

I have an felonly on my record will that hurt my career in the future.

View more questions Search