Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 02:33 AM
    10 Posts celebrations!
    Hey I finally made it over 10 posts!! Go me!! Anyway these past 10 posts have seen some very helpful advice from a lot of people thanks!! To celebrate, I have decided that to share with you the one thing that everyone that doesn't know needs to know about and that one thing is Jesus and how you can have a relationship with him. I hope the following four points that I have always used will make sense to you.

1. God loves you and he's got a wonderful plan for your life and wants to know you personally. (Refer John 3:16, John 14:6)

2. We are sinful and therefore separated from a perfect God i.e. Jesus. We constantly try to reach God through our own efforts but we cant.(Refer Romans 8:23 I think it is where it says the wages of sin is death)

3. But because God loves us so much he came down to earth as Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Thereby paying the penalty for our sins, so now we can get to know God and have a relationship with him.

4. We have to personally receive Jesus in through Prayer (Refer Revelation 3:20)

For those of you that are unable to get your hands on a Bible for all the verse references please let me know and I will post all the verses in here and if you have anymore questions or would like to arrange a time for me to pray with you, would like me to personally pray for you during my prayer time or wanting more information or want to have a bible study or something you can reply to this post
    Thanks you guys are all lovely will be praying for you all

P.S. : Sorry to the moderators/staff if this post is in the wrong place please move it to the appropriate place, didn't know where else to put it... This just seemed like the right place.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 03:15 AM
    < moved to Member Discussions >

Hello. Avenger. Welcome.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 03:22 AM
    I have a bit of confusion over the whole dying on the cross for our sins.

He didn't die on the cross for our sins. He died on the cross for our sins knowing that he'd be resurrected at a later time. These are hardly the same. And is hardly a great sacrifice.

If I was told "Hey, your partner/puppy/dinner will survive if you just die on the cross and get ressurected a few days later" then hell yes I'd do it, a little bit of pain never hurt anyone.

Can someone explain?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Mar 27, 2007, 03:41 AM
    Ha ha, I know what you're saying Capuchin, but if someone said
    "Hey, we're going to put a crown made of thorns on your head, then whip you quite a large amount, then make you carry an amazing amount of weight up a mountain, THEN we're going to hammer big, spikey bits of metal through the bones in your hands and feet into that big bit of wood you carried all that way, and THEN leave you there until your own body weight crushes your internal organs in a slow and agonising death"

It's hardly a LITTLE bit of pain!

I don't think I'd do it for a puppy, or many people actually! Lol!
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 03:44 AM
    Yes but still, it'll be over within a day. I don't really think it's a valid sacrifice for the whole world's sins.

Mar 27, 2007, 05:41 AM
    What would you have asked him to do instead then?
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Die without getting resurrected?

Mar 27, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Yeah, but that wouldn't be much of a story though would it?

Plus, he did actually end up in Heaven, so it's not like he's still kicking it in his hood or anything, he can't reap the rewards of not 'properly' dying!
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:50 AM
    I mean dead dead.

Mar 27, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Is he allowed to go to Heaven though, or wherever he believes in? (definately Heaven for Jesus like!)
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 06:01 AM
    I thought Jesus was God? How can God go to heaven? Is there a heaven if God is dead? Is God currently dead?

Mar 27, 2007, 06:21 AM
    No, Jesus was the son of God.

I don't know if you can ever say a God has 'lived' or 'died' though can you?

Mar 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Clarification: Son of God merely title. Just like your name is merely a title. I mean you could be named paul, or something else totally random. But Jesus is still God.

He came down to earth as a human, to live a PERFECT life (i.e. no sin) because to have humans acceptable into heaven, someone perfect has to pay the sin with their death (ultimately all sin has to be paid) except what Jesus did can only be done with a perfect record. So Jesus, who is God, is the only perfect being because none of us humans are worthy enough because for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Does that answer your question??

Mar 28, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Kind of, and here's a question that always comes up then;

If I'm going to pay for my sins with my death, why should I live a good life?
    God will forgive me right?

As the excellent Robbie Williams put it;

"I know I'm gonna die, so my revenge is living well!"

Mar 28, 2007, 12:33 AM
    No death in this case does not mean death, it actually means being spiritually separated from the creator and suffering in hell for eternity. Satan knows that his ways will end with him spending eternity in hell, so he wants you to all go down with him. And he will put messages in your head saying: Jesus does not love you because of your sin and he doesn't want you in heaven. So whether you die going to heaven or hell doesn't matter, and another thing is your sinful nature, which will make you do things that you know God doesn't want you to do but it makes YOU feel good and Jesus feel sad. Like Lust, Murder, Lying, Idol Worship. Etc etc (refer 10 commandments and others) and also about God's forgiveness. Yes true he loves you and wants to forgive you but God is also just and if someone you love is fatally stabbed by someone then you will want that person who did it to be put in Jail. But if the judge instead said hey you know since you are going to pay with your death later anyway, I should just let you go. Now you will think that this judge is corrupt, unjust and totally unfit to Judge!! Same with God, and if what the Bible says is true, and the Bible says that God i.e. Jesus is uncapable of injustice, then you can be sure that there is a hell and that sinners will go there for eternity to be punished for their ways. And further more, you can be sure that if you pray to God right now and ask Jesus to come into your life, you can be sure of the fact that your sins are all paid for, although we will still have ups and downs in life and we will sin again unintentionally, as long as you confess your sins and if the Bible can be trusted then God will forgive you and you can be sure of spending eternity with the Creator.

I am happy to answer any more questions.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 12:38 AM
    So Jesus didn't die at all?

Mar 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
    I realise that I could get hit by a bus today and go straight to hell, but if I live a long life and am dying slowly could I just say sorry on my death bed?

Cheers for answering all these questions, this is a great discussion thread!

Mar 28, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Although you will still go to heaven by accepting Jesus just before you die, I would suggest accepting Jesus now. Would prefer not disclosing reasons I have my opinions of why I think this is what should be done. One thing is just that if you accepted Him now while you are still got a lot of time ahead of you, then you can go spread the word about Jesus and his love for everyone!! I mean I work for a university christian organisation part time during the times I have no lectures. But this is just the way I am look at this. It is just opinion and you need to be aware of the fact that I am not trying to pressure you or anyone else that has read/will read this thread into anything. I am merely doing what I think is right. But if you have issues about the way I have said any of those things or if I have been too forward about this you can point it out.

If there are any issues you want to look at or have any questions or have any complaints about what I have said then go ahead feel free to post!

Mar 28, 2007, 01:02 AM
    And I just wanted to mention that if u want me to pray with you that's perfectly fine. Or if you want to just pray by yourself or have something you want me to pray for you about then post them too,

[Bump!]
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 01:09 AM
    *cough* So Jesus didn't die at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Years Celebrations [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how everyone is going to celebrate their newyears, some years I watch movies with my family, sometimes I am just watching **** clark all by my lonesome on the couch, and last years I had two of my friends come over and we played video games all night, as my parents were going to an...

View more questions Search