Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carol123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Shower body splash is clogged
    How do I remove the tile and what do I do after I get the tile off? Two of the tiles work and one has stopped
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 06:07 PM
    Hi Carol

If your "body spray" shower head is clogged it could be as simple as removing the front 1/2 of the spray body to clean it (try spinning front 1/2 off counterclockwise).

If that fails, then many complete body spray shower heads spin off counterclockwise (might need a STRAP WRENCH... (available at any home improvement store for like $10.00)... see image). Make sure there are no allen screws (look for small hole in the rim around the body spray) to remove and if none are present the body spray should just spin off and can be cleaned.

To reinstall the body spray head you would need some Teflon tape on the threads (or pipe dope) and screw the old body spray back into place.

Questions? Let me know, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a shower valve body installed correctly, but no water gets to the shower spout [ 14 Answers ]

I have a shower valve body installed correctly, but no water gets to the shower spout. It seams as there is not enough pressure to make it. When I disassemble the tub, shower, and hot water 1/2" pipes and leave the cold pipe hooked up, water flows through valve just fine. Where is the pressure...

What to do in clogged up shower? [ 4 Answers ]

What would you do if your shower clogged up and you need to take a bath? And don't say something like go to someone else's house.:confused:

Clogged shower body [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shower faucet problem that is driving me crazy. It's a 25 year old Gerber two handle faucet... very basic. The problem is that the hot works but the cold is clogged in the body, so cold water doesn't come through. Here's what I've tried. (1) after taking out the cold water stem...

Shower clogged [ 2 Answers ]

No water comes out of my shower,hot or cold water. The water pressure slowly got worse and worse. Now no water at all. I shut the water off and took the single handle off, I looked inside the shower wall, there is one big hole in the center and two smaller holes on each side. I looked at the handle...

View more questions Search