Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taratara13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Can one dose of azithromycin cure both rectal and vaginal chlymadia?
    Can one does of azithromycin cure both vaginal and rectal chylamydia, or do you need something stronger?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 19, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Hi Tara,

If you're asking you need to see your doctor. DO NOT try to treat this yourself. You need the proper antibiotic and in the correct dosage. You can make this worse, and harder to cure, by not using the proper medicine in the right dose.

Sorry.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2013, 02:56 PM
    One dose? No you have to take the full prescription. What does your Dr. say?

Aug 19, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    One dose? No you have to take the full prescription. What does your Dr. say?
    When I visited my doctor she did a urine sample and the results came back positive for chlamydia. I was already embarrassed, also too embarrassed to admit I was have anal sex as well. She prescribed me two pills of azithromycin as one dose. I was wondering will this have cured the rectal chlamydia as well?

Aug 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by medic-dan View Post
    Hi Tara,

If you're asking you need to see your doctor. DO NOT try to treat this yourself. You need the proper antibiotic and in the correct dosage. You can make this worse, and harder to cure, by not using the proper medicine in the right dose.

Sorry.
    I understand but this is something my doctor prescribed me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 03:58 PM
    It may cure it, but either way you are going to have to return to the doctor to see if you are in the clear.

Actually, I've never heard of this antibiotic being used for this type of infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal and rectal itching [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 50 yr, old female For the past 21/2 months, I am experiencing rectal and vagina itching. I have used monistat yeast infections medicine, I used the monistat external cream, I use preparation H. I am taking candida clear and AZO yeast tablets daily. Help, what is going on? >email...

i'm taking azithromycin [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking AZITHROMYCIN and my tongue has swelled up I was wondering if that was normal and if not what should I do?

Can you cure vaginal bacteria infections naturally? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm diagnosed with bacterial vaginal infections about three times a year. In return the antibiotics or cream that is prescribed causes yeast infections, resulting in more meds. Its beginning to become a cycle. Is there a way to cure vaginal bacterial infections naturally?

Azithromycin [ 5 Answers ]

Excactly what std's does this medication cure with a single 1 gram dose :confused:

View more questions Search