Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronat75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2005, 07:36 AM
    Video Editing on a External Drive
    I have an external Hardrive and would like to use it for Video Editing, when I
    Try to install software i.e. nero 6 suite, it always goes to my exsisting Drive
    Which is very nearly full.
    Is there anyway I can use my external Drive for this purpose.

Many thanks ronat75.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2005, 08:17 AM
    Most programs default to installing in the Program Files folder of the C drive. But most programs have an option to change that. Also, it doesn't matter where the program files are, it matters where the that (video in this case) files are. You can store your video on the external drive and edit them from there using software installed on your C drive.
    ronat75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Many thanks for your help, I have come to the same conclusion to my
    Problem and I am transferring files to my external drive so making room on
    Drive c to edit my videos. Best wishes ronat75
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2005, 07:16 PM
    I wouldn't do it that way. I would use the external drive for your video files. You want the max space. I also have an external drive (120G) that I use for 2 purposes, one for backups, the other for videos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Video Editing Software [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 movie clips that I loaded from my Panasonic Digital Camcorder to my Windows PC Computer. I want to be able to cut half of the 1st clip so only the left side plays and cut half of the 2nd clip so only the right side shows. Then merge the 2 edited clips together and play them simultaneously....

Video editing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a home video and want to upload it on my website but there is some markings on the video Can I clean those marking so no one can read them while playing video They are on the left lower corner of the video If there is any software to clear them please let me know Thanks

Internal and external vga & Video card with TV out... [ 2 Answers ]

Ho.. sorry I an a beginner on this field... I want to buy a vga or video card for watching movies loaded in my computer on my TV screen.. so I want to know what is the difference between the VGA and The Video card.. my computer is pentium 4 so if I bought a 256 mb vga card or video card with...

Help with a external drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have an external hard drive can I install a virus program on it so that I can take it to another system and then run the virus program on that system. Will this be a problem because the drive letter will change or will it not matter because the file structure will not change only the drive...

View more questions Search