Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2013, 10:21 AM
    I've decided to wait to watch the entire six seasons because I have to have serious dental work done 10/15.
    I don't understand netflix. I took their free offer one month and there was not much there at all available from computer > TV. I had it years ago when DVDs were mailed.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2013, 10:29 AM
    Here's all the episodes listed by wik.
    List of Breaking Bad episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stores have been selling Season 5 for a while now. But to the best of my knowledge, that is just the first half of season 5 (there is no season 6, season five was done in two halves). And one seller says that was released in June 2013.
    It could be a while before the final shows (last half of seas 5) is released.
    On Demand is currently showing the last half of season 5 and will soon be showing the very last episode (tonight's show). If you have comcast and your on demand is the same as mine(?) you can watch all but the very last show right now.

To avoid spoilers after tonight's show-- keep your finger on the change channel button at all times if you have news channels on. They are bound to show scenes you won't want to see yet. The recent awards shows gave me info I didn't want.
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Also, AMC channel is showing the final shows right now, as a lead up to tonight's final show. They are showing episode 9 (first show of the last half of seas. 5) now.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    Also, AMC channel is showing the final shows right now, as a lead up to tonight's final show. They are showing episode 9 (first show of the last half of seas. 5) now.
    That is #55 in the total count of episodes.
    current pert

Sep 29, 2013, 12:06 PM
    How is it that the second part of this season started 3 weeks before the first part ended, according to the link above?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 29, 2013, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    How is it that the second part of this season started 3 weeks before the first part ended, according to the link above?
    The first half of Season 5 ended in Sept. 2012. We've had to wait almost an entire year for the second half.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Oct 2, 2013, 06:10 PM
    I don't get AMC so I haven't been able to watch. I saw the finale and third last episodes on YouTube. I would love to watch from the beginning so I hope that some channel that I get will have reruns someday. Basic cable is pretty bad these days, all the good shows are on specialty channels and the only shows left on basic cable are dumb comedies and predictable dramas.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2013, 07:10 PM
    Hello again, earl:

Cable is on its way out. Streaming over the internet is going to take over.. I couldn't be happier... I HATE cable..

Speaking of streaming, the last season isn't offered on Netflix, but it IS on Vudo, another streaming service, so I'm watching the last shows there. I'm 2 away from the finale and I'm diving in right now...

I LOVE that show.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 2, 2013, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    I LOVE that show.
    Me too. I had told my son not to buy me the 'barrel" of DVDs for Christmas, but Vudu sounds cool. I just might wait a few months and start watching from Episode 1. I've read every review/commentary I could get my hands on for the symbolism and sublities and music, and the second time (like with sex?) would be even more fun.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Hi Carol:

Netflix is $7 a month for as many as you can watch, while Vudu is $3 per episode. By they time you get near the end, though, Netflix should have them all.

But, for $3, I couldn't wait.

Steve

Oct 3, 2013, 12:15 PM
    I find it pretty tacky that season 5 is being split into 2 dvds when there were only 16 episodes. That is just a cheap cash grab. They're already making a fortune so it is pretty low to take advantage of their most loyal fans.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Hello again,

I made it through.. I'm blown away with how much I liked it.

excon
    current pert

Oct 4, 2013, 12:24 AM
    Dumb question: Where in the US is there any health plan that doesn't cover cancer treatments (chemo and radiation)? Much as I love the show, that's been bothering me from day 1. I understand paying a top oncologist 7K out of pocket for a second opinion, but after that the lack of coverage for what should be routine just seems very vague to me.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2013, 05:09 AM
    Hello again, joy:
    Dumb question
    No, it's NOT!

It's a great question. I hadn't thought of that before... What I really LIKE about this show is their attention to detail. But, THAT appears to be a detail they left out. You'd think, certainly, that a teacher in this country, WOULD be covered by insurance that would cover those treatments.

But, during the show, it's UNCLEAR when and/or if he ever quit his job as a teacher. During lots of the show he appears in his classroom, and then he doesn't.

But, your point DOES undermine Walters reasoning for getting into the meth business in the first place. However, without giving anything away, THAT gets resolved at the end.

After the last episode, they had an hour of "Talking Bad", which was an interview with the actors, PLUS Jimmy Kimmell.. It SUCKED!! What the HELL was Jimmy Kimmel doing on that couch? He wasn't IN the show. I can't believe how BAD that was.. Don't watch it. I might RUIN the show for you.

It DID raise a another question for me, though... Is the actor who plays Flynn, REALLY a disabled guy, or is he just a great actor? I don't know.

Excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2013, 05:36 AM
    current pert

Oct 4, 2013, 06:02 AM
    The show appears to pay attention to detail. And I do love it. But I pick on it a lot.
    Just as an example, Walt is waiting when Jesse goes to kill the two guys who had the boy kill his friend. Jesse gets out of his car and starts toward them. What are the odds the two guys would get out of their car? Practically nil. They'd just shoot him when he got closer to their car. So how was Walt going to save Jesse in that event?

As for the insurance, Hank's case is much more clear - his wife wants him to have daily PT. Both wives are seen at times on the phone arguing about MRIs and such, but it's Walt's treatments that get me. Unless that hospital insurance woman sitting next to Hank's doctor summed it up when she said 'If you go outside the plan, they drop you.'
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2013, 06:37 AM
    Ex,
    "Mitte was cast as Walt White Jr., a series regular, and character with cerebral palsy on AMC Network's Breaking Bad. And though Mitte has a mild case of the disease, he had to do what all actors do: research the character and even relearn many of the challenges he had endured as a child in order to convey a more pronounced version of CP. The Daily Advertiser, a Lafayette, La., newspaper learned of Mitte's work in Hollywood and featured him in an article, noting that R.J. was homegrown, and off to a great start in Hollywood.
    IMDb Mini Biography By: WEMedia

Trivia

Actually has cerebral palsy, the same condition his character in "Breaking Bad" (2008) has. However, his real life condition is much milder; he had to learn to walk with crutches and slow down his speech for the role. "
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2013, 06:41 AM
    I am having "withdrawal" symptoms since the show has ended.
    Shows like Boardwalk and the Wire are and were excellent but never this addictive.

Maybe the prequel they reportedly have planned with Saul Goodman as the main character will help eventually.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2013, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    I am having "withdrawal" symptoms since the show has ended
    I asked my son, what are we going to do at 8 p.m. Sunday nights now? His answer: "Watch "American Dad" and "Family Guy."

Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!

Oct 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
    I always assumed that teachers would get health insurance through their union. I'm from Canada, so I'm not sure how American health insurance works other than you better have money if you want health care. I like American Dad and Family Guy too, although they are both past their prime, it's good that Simpsons are finally ending this year too, they also didn't know when to quit, just like ER. Breaking Bad was one of a kind, I think it will age well too, I can imagine people still watching it years from now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom has treated me bad for the past 4 years. I'm at my breaking point! Help! [ 17 Answers ]

After my mom left my sisters dad is when it started.I was barely 13 when she left him for another WAY younger man (we actually went to the same school for a year before he went to high school). My mom started leaving me with my 3 sisters so she could go out with him (bars, clubs, 4wheeler riding,...

I need a fan of Breaking Bad - and - a financial expert's advice [ 0 Answers ]

I need: 1. A fan of "Breaking Bad," and 2. A killer - stock, trade, short, sell, anything and everything - expert. I am in a Walter White situation. Leave it at that. I want to do a, make that I have to TRY to do a - legally - Walter White. I'm 51. The ships have sailed on big...

Bad drian seal on oatey snap on. Can't get it of with out breaking it [ 2 Answers ]

The drrian cover turns but I can't pop it up how do I get it of

Breaking a bad habit! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2 year old mini daschund. He is potty trained, eats once in the morning and once in the evvening. The last feeding is usually around 6:30. I always take him out before bed. For the past 2 months he has been waking up EVERY night between 2-4am crying and whining to go out. I think...

View more questions Search