Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 01:40 AM
    KBD on startup
    Does this program need to run at startup? I know it has something to do with the keyboard and multimedia keys but I'm not sure what this means because I don't know what the multimedia keys are, which ones they are, what they do or if I need them. I'm using an HP Compaq computer, running windows XP sp2 and using IE. Thanks
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 27, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Are you using a Logitech keyboard?

If so, take a look here

Excerpt from the above link:

Kbd.exe is a process from Logitech which allows you to configure the additional keys on their multimedia keyboard products. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference. :)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 27, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Glad to help. I guess the Compaq keyboard is actually manufactured by Logitech.

By the way, are there extra keys on top and/or to the sides of your keyboard? They may be different colored and have pictures or labels on them. These are your Multimedia keys. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

JD Startup [ 2 Answers ]

I have inherited a JD L130 without a manuel. I can't seem to crank it. It turns over well, the parking brake is on and it's full of gas and oil. This mower is only 6 months old and has been sitting up for that time. It has been used only a few times. Please help. Without a manuel, I'm not...

Startup.. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Yes guys need help... I can't stop a folder from opening when the windows startup... but this folder isn't like this before... I wonder why...

Startup what's going on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Why does my computer tell me setup is updating configuration files every time I start up regardless and takes about 2mins to get past this before loading windows, I am using win98se. :confused:

Startup [ 5 Answers ]

It Takes 3 Minutes For My Computer To Start Up. I Believe It's Because I Have Too Many Start-ups In The Bottom Right Of My Screen. How Do I Know Which Of These I Can Remove,and How Do I Remove Them??

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search