Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alladin001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 04:13 PM
    Pregnant or not confused desperate help needed?
    I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend like three weeks ago 5 days before her periods were due; I pulled out before I can ejaculate in her, she had her first two periods than on the third day she stopped and had malaria and started vomiting with high fevers she recovered after three days, now after three weeks we tested for pregnancy with urinal testing strips the results are negative like tested thrice, twice in between 2 and 3 week and one just yesterday on the 22nd day after sex all the results are negative... Will test her again tomorrow, can she be pregnant if not than why did the periods stop..

Info: Her first period was light and the second one was heavy and after that she got fever and vomits...
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 18, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Hi Alladin,

It would be very unlikely that she'd get pregnant having sex 5 days before her period was due.

Normally she ovulates, releases an egg, sometime between days 11 and 16 of her cycle. Day 1 is when her period starts. You had sex around day 23. The egg is only viable for about 48 hours, so it's well past time that it likely was able to be fertilized.

Having malaria, any major illness for that matter, can affect her period.

Urine pregnancy tests can be accurate as soon as 2 weeks after you had sex. She does need to use her wake up pee for the best accuracy.

Hope it helps.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
    I just want to correct something that Medic Dan said. Women can get pregnant any time during their cycle, even during their period. Unless you know for sure when she ovulated, by taking her basal temperature and tracking ovulation for at least 6 months, you cannot say with certainty that she ovulated based on the average. In other words, pregnancy is indeed possible in the scenario you described.

I am a bit confused though. Are you saying she had two normal periods after the two of you had sex, and now she's missed one?

I do agree that having malaria can definitely have an effect on her period.

I also agree that she should wait until her period is at least two weeks late, then test using first morning urine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 08:47 PM
    Agree medic dan is incorrect on that issue of when pregnancy can occur, most likely it is the malaria, that is the issue here, But... you have to wait till this new period is due and then wait 14 days after it. So you need to wait a couple more week to test ( if I counted it right)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 08:56 PM
    It's not that MedicDan is incorrect, he posted information is an "average" and not true for every woman. He posted "textbook" averages.

While his info holds true for some women, it does not hold true for every woman.

To the OP... Your girl will have to be late for her period for approximately 2 weeks before you can test using first morning urine. A serious illness such as Malaria, and its treatment, can cause a late or missed period.
    alladin001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 10:08 AM
    As I wrote before her first periods was light than on the second day she had heavy period, afterwards she vomited and had high fevers on this third day her periods stopped and she was diagnosed with malaria for the next five days she was constantly on pills vomiting having high fever and after that no such pains or vomiting... checked her after three weeks the results were negative if she had become pregnant the results should have been positive... Its like more than three weeks if they were the missed periods as one may say so...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alladin001 View Post
    As i wrote before her first periods was light than on the second day she had heavy period, afterwards she vomited and had high fevers on this third day her periods stopped and she was diagnosed with malaria for the next five days she was constantly on pills vomiting having high fever and after that no such pains or vomiting... checked her after three weeks the results were negative if she had become pregnant the results should have been positive... Its like more than three weeks if they were the missed periods as one may say so...
    She had a period, it just wasn't a heavy period? Is that what you're saying? Then you tested 3 weeks after her period?

You have to wait until the next period is at least 2 weeks late. Also, no, most pregnancy tests will not show up positive at 3 weeks. There are many women that don't get a positive until well into their second trimester.

The fact that she became sick while on her period may be what caused it to stop, but we can only guess.

Wait until the next period. If she misses it, wait two weeks then test using first morning urine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant? Desperate Need Of Help! [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old. I've been on birth control for about a year and a half. Maybe more. My boyfriend and I had sex back in early February. I got my period 2 weeks later (on time) so I didn't think anything of being pregnant. Lately, I've been incredibly hungry. I cannot control my hunger! I just...

Desperate help needed [ 4 Answers ]

I started cramping 2 weeks after having sex, and 3 days later I started spotting, and a couple days later I started to heavily bleed, having to change a tampon or pad literally every hour or two hours! And I have been cramping for a week straight, and medicine is not working! The pain is unbearable...

Am I pregnant? Desperate to know! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on Yaz birth control and me and my boyfriend use a condom and he does not in me in early June however there were a few times we didn't use a condom but he still did not in me I've gotten 2 periods since then but recently I've gained quite a bit of weight in my stomach and have had weird pains...

Desperate and confused [ 4 Answers ]

OK... well this all started last may... well a little before thst... mayb about last August... I starting going to a new church with my best friend... and I started an Affirmation class... and I really started to like this guy.. Eddie.. and we got to know each other better over the next few...

Desperate and Confused [ 30 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been trying to conceive a baby for the past 4 1/2 months and it seems as if we have been unsuccessful. I had my period in October (had!! At the end of October) and missed my period for the month of November. I took a hpt and it returned (-). I received my LMP on December...

View more questions Search