Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csmar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Flapper
    We have placed four new flappers on the toilet.
    Then replaced a new flush, flapper valve system.
    The flapper continues to leak causing the toilet to run.
    Then we replaced the new flapper with four different ones.
    What is the next step?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 01:06 PM
    Hi Csmar

You can try installing another flush valve. If that fails, then your next step would be to call in a PLUMBER.

This is a simple job with no "tricks" or hints to offer you. Sorry, but that's all I have here!

Good luck!

Mark
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Sound like another refill tube problem.

Is the little tube from the fill valve to the overflow pipe attached to the top of the overflow pipe, or is it sticking down inside the overflow pipe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flapper [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have a question. Just a coment thanking you for the information of cutting off the O ring to fix my flapper problem. I had been holding the handle for 2 years until it flushed and finally decided to search out an answer. It works perfect and I am amazed that a 15 second cutting off the O...

Flapper valve [ 1 Answers ]

My flapperr valve closes too quickly and toilet does not flush properly

Toilet flapper won't stay down. It flushes, flapper seats then bobs back up in a sec [ 11 Answers ]

I have shortened the chain, lengthened the chain etc. It finally flushes O.K. & the bowl clears if I hold the handle down for a little bit, the flapper seats then bobs back up and has to be manually pushed down, then it stays. It is a new flapper

Toilet Flapper [ 11 Answers ]

First, thank you to everyone for all the helpful advice I have received in this forum. Seriously, it's GREAT! I've been lurking for quite some time but have finally found the need to post with a question. About 2 weeks ago my wife and I noticed the toilet in our basement was "running"...

Toilet Flapper [ 12 Answers ]

The toilet flapper closer too soon (as soon as you release the lever). It is a new flapper; any suggestions?

View more questions Search