Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alka joshi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Wish to purchase wooden foldable lap top table on line
    I wish to purchase a wooden lap top table foladable for my personal use on line. So can I do it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 18, 2013, 11:21 AM
    Sure you can and I'm sure a useful newbie poster will arrive with a link soon enough..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 18, 2013, 04:23 PM
    Useful newbie?
    LOL
    Type 'wooden laptop table' into ebay.com search, if you are in the US. You will see about 15 choices for sale.
    There are other ebays in other countries.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2013, 08:43 PM
    According to Amazon they have 124 of them, all different styles.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Sure you can and I'm sure a useful newbie poster will arrive with a link soon enough..
    Hay ! Are u saying we don't have any useful old posters around here!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hay ! are u saying we don't have any useful old posters around here!
    I suspect Ben was having a bit o' fun because he expected the OP to return under a new name and post a link to this product and a particular company. That's usually what happens with this kind of post.
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 09:04 AM
    'cept he wrote too naively to be a seller, I thought
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    'cept he wrote too naively to be a seller, I thought
    Most of them write that way.
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Most of them write that way.
    Oh 'k
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 09:30 AM
    oh 'k
    A wide-eyed innocent looking for a hotel in Dubai for his next vacation or hoping to find great prices on flat-panel monitors. Then bingo bango! "someone" (same guy under a different name) posts a link about great prices. We were getting shoe and purse links for a while but those dropped off for vacation resorts and hotels.
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 10:30 AM
    Yes yes yes too funny, you are right, so right. I had a weak, unjaded moment.
    How DO we adjust from sensitive, caring helpers to suspicious, jaded, flippant troll spotters (who keep a lid on it) in a split second?
    This is not a rhetorical question - but I probably should ask it in the member forum. I promised.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 19, 2013, 10:53 AM
    How DO we adjust from sensitive, caring helpers to suspicious, jaded, flippant troll spotters (who keep a lid on it) in a split second?
    This is not a rhetorical question - but I probably should ask it in the member forum. I promised.
    Years of practice and a pessimistic outlook.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Usually the mods catch the trolls (especially the ad-link ones) fairly quickly, and most of their posts don't stay visible very long. On this thread, since Ben said what he did, the OP, realizing he had been caught, may have decided not to post a link under a different name.

As far as I know, we are to take each question seriously and deal with it like it's real. If you think it's a troll or there's a problem with it, RIP it with a comment and the mods will check further.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Joy, over the years I've learned that most people that post about something they wish to purchase, that's very easy to find, especially online, are here to place an ad. They probably read our rules on ads, and therefore knew any ad they placed would be deleted. So to get around it, they ask a question instead, then sign on as a different user and answer their own question, with an ad to their product.

It is hard to adjust from helpful, caring, sensitive, to suspicious, jaded, troll spotters. That's why it's best to just wait on threads like these, to see if someone comes along with a link for the product the OP is looking for. If it's a newbie, RIP it and let the mods figure out what's going on. :)

In this case it would seem that the OP really couldn't figure out how to find this simple item online, or he got scared away when he realized we were on to him.
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 11:55 AM
    'That's why it's best to just wait on threads like these,'
    Yes, I got to wait more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pests around my wooden table, manifesting on everything on the table [ 0 Answers ]

I found these pests around my wooden table, and they are ranged size from very small to small, they come in white, brownish and vanila in colour(each in one colour)... they seem to manifests in groups, about 5 and more... I also found them on my battery which is sealed in a container at another...

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection? [ 6 Answers ]

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection?

Swapping hard drives from Lap Top to Lap top [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks to this forum, we have declared my hard drive on our Dell laptop corrupt. We have another Dell LAptop that has a good hard drive but the monitor hinge part is broken and it just flops around. I was wondering if we could take out the hard drive from the broken screen one and put it in the lap...

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

Lap top help [ 7 Answers ]

I got this lap top for Christmas and need someone to check it over. I am sending all the info about it. It is "slow". And the username is not mine--how do I change that? What can I put in it to go faster---or take out? Gloria ...

View more questions Search