Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boblies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Pain on outer side of foot
    I have pain on the outside of both of my feet. It's been ongoing for about six to eight months. I had previously had plantar fasciitis on my right heel but not so bad now. I swim with fins. I cycle on weekends, 40 miles a day. I used gym ellipticals and treadmills and do weights. I am not overweight. I don't know what or why this all of a sudden started but I have read quite a few of the answers to this and the tendinitis answer seems to me to be the key thing here. I am going to try the hold/cold ice therapy someone suggested, thank you for that by the way.. I will write back if it works. Most of my pain is upon waking, once I get moving it's better and in a stable shoe. I can wear flip flops, I live in Florida, that is the most common shoe here, but I don't wear them a lot, they really aren't good for the feet. Any other thoughts out there, shoot them my way. Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 18, 2013, 07:39 AM
    At the gym, put a mirror in front of the treadmill and go as fast as you can. Also jump rope in front of the mirror. Better yet, have someone videotape you. The idea is to see how your feet land.
    And don't wear flip flops. Find a store that sells track shoes and talk about all the features, and buy a pair, even if you don't run.
    Your ankles might be turning outward just enough to put the shock on the outer edge of the foot instead of all over the sole.
    lanvinshoes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 02:37 AM
    With the keeping popularity of sneakers however, there are new styles which are now utilized on sneakers. It is here that the hacek sneakers make its entry. Looking tight at this type of sneakers at Lanvin Shoes | Lanvin Schoenen Sale On Outlet Store Online.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 03:42 AM
    You are very active as you mentioned. I would suggest a trip to the podiatrist to have your feet properly diagnosed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain (outer edge) [ 9 Answers ]

I too have foot pain in the outside area of my right foot,and sometime my left too.It comes and goes,usually lasting between two weeks to two months.I have even had it for two days.I had it one day then the next day it was completely gone!It hurts so bad that even at night the bed sheets make my...

Foot pain side of foot, feels painful but better when I squeeze my foot [ 4 Answers ]

It is midway down my right foot and only foot massage seems to apease it, but itsgetting worse and hurts earlier and earlier each evening. The central point is midway and for the ultimate in relief is to squeeze my feet down the sides, but that also sends me into agony once squeezed, but the long...

Pain on outer top of foot? [ 0 Answers ]

I was playing basketball, jumped to shoot, and landed on someone else's foot on the outside middle of mine. My ankle rolled, but I don't have any problem moving my ankle. The only problem I have is extreme pain when I try to turn my foot inward. Immediately after the injury and for the rest of the...

Pain under heel, behind ankle but mostly along outer side of foot [ 1 Answers ]

I am out of state and can't see my doctor and just want something to do that may lesson pain so I can walk on it. The pain is on the outter side of the left foot. I is also in the heel and back outside of ankle. To be off it for any length of time causes extreme pain and limping with pressure. ...

Pain and swelling on outer edge of foot [ 4 Answers ]

I have swelling on the outside of my left foot. It is raised about a half-inch and is painful to the touch. What could possibly be wrong?

View more questions Search