Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dazzor Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Aug 18, 2013, 05:17 AM
    PC Build Doesn't Boot Or Beep
    Hello, I decided to build my computer a few weeks ago and bought parts as far as I checked the stats and on different websites all parts work together, here they are:
    1.GA-990fxa-UD3 Motherboard.
    2.Dual Channel 8 GB ram F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL.
    3.AMD FX8350 CPU with the stock cooler.
    4.Sapphire 7970 3GB graphic card.
    5.Corsair TX 750W EU series.
    6.Western Digital 2TB 5400RPM WD20EARX hard drive.

In my test drive I plugged in all main components which are the CPU and heatsink the RAM and graphic card, I connected the 24-pin, the 8-pin to the motherboard, I also connected one 6-pin and another 6+2 pin to the graphic card, I connected the screen through an adapter and low behold:
    The fan of the CPU and graphic card spin, but the power supplies' doesn't, and there is no beep and nothing on the screen.

NOTE:I tried my current supply which didn't change anything and the adapter is working for my 9600gt.

What is the problem?

-Dan.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Is the power switch from the case correctly plugged into the mother board? Are there any blinking lights on the motherboard? Is it going into POST at all ?
    Dazzor Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Aug 18, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Is the power switch from the case correctly plugged into the mother board? Are there any blinking lights on the motherboard? Is it going into POST at all ?
    The motherboard isn't in the case, it's all just connected together on the motherboard but it's not in the case, also I jump start it with a screw driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? [ 12 Answers ]

I added ram and computer will not stat up it just beeps the ram is compatible and I can not figure out what's wrong( at the start of my computer it ask me which OS do I want to use could this be the problem)??

Cussin, and swearing, beep beep! [ 7 Answers ]

Nothing on TV today, getting read to load up a DVD. Reading some of the AMHD post in the "active members" board, I am suddenly annoyed by the TV. It's turn down low, but all I can hear is a "BEEP" every 3 seconds. So I look to see what channel it's on, and I see it's on some cooking thing, where...

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? [ 2 Answers ]

I added ram and beep beep beep beep beep? I added ram and computer will not stat up it just beeps the ram is compatible and I can not figure out what's wrong( at the start of my computer it ask me which OS do I want to use could this be the problem)??

Doesn't boot [ 5 Answers ]

Please someone should help me. I do a lot of things with my PC. Currently I have a wedding invitation cards to design and when I press the power button of my PC it doesn't boot. Power comes all right but nothing displays on the monitor. Please I'm doomed. Someone should help me

View more questions Search