Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aashort11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 08:43 AM
    How to tune in a BUSH 24" LED TV
    Good evening,

My wife bought a Bush LED24970DVDW TV. At first she had it hooked up to her computer and then I pinched it to take back with me when I returned to work. I work out off the country and this TV is ideal for me as it is small and has a built in DVD player with Freeview and connection for my computer. However I can not set up the Freeview at all and there is nothing in the setup menu for me to re-tune or tune the TV in. You see where I work I get a free TV service called BFBS which gives me 10 channels including BBC 1 & 2 ITV SKY Sports, SKY News and some other channels. I have got a set top box set up on the TV via a scart lead but I want to use the Freeview element of the TV to save on space as this is a premium in my room. I have tried searching for the manual for this TV but can not find anything. I know the Freeview TV's work where I am as I have another TV in my office with built in Freeview and it works fine. Therefore if anyone can help in this matter it would be most appreciated.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Try another output from the FTA Box, (HDMI/Component/Composite which ever is best), select the correct Source(input).
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2013, 11:07 AM
    Is the dish known to be aligned and working? Look through here:

http://www.bfbs.com/rescan/

http://www.bfbs.com/tv/bfbs-tv-satellite-faqs

Aug 18, 2013, 03:29 AM
    Setting up BFBS is not the issue here. Nor is a dish? My issue is with the TV its self. There seems to be no settings what so ever for tunning in the so called Freeview that is meant to be on it?
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Has it ever worked at work, maybe at home it is through network? TV may not have the Capability, especially if not mentioned in the menu. I am picturing a smaller box that would not fill or take up a lot of room. You can place behind TV and use an IR extender.

Aug 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
    Unfortunately we did not have the TV setup at home to receive any TV channels. However that is not the point. The point is that the box states it has Freeview and the all the searches I have done on the web state that it has Freeview? Therefore either we have been sold a duff TV or there is something wrong with it?
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Maybe I am missunderstanding, I thought you had a FTA Box(Freeview?), that has a satellite input, then out to TV. It was sounding like this system? Doesn't use satellite and may use strong local signals, or computer?
    Does this use a dish, how does the TV get its signal from freeview?

Aug 19, 2013, 09:41 AM
    I have a standard aerial that picks up the signal. The Freeview box is connected to the TV via a scart lead. The signal as far as I am aware is picked up from where ever it broadcasted from via a satalite then transmitted to the standard aerial. The Freeview box is not the problem. It is the TV that according to everything I have seen so far for this TV says that it has Freeview built in but for some reason there is nothing in the setup for me to tune in any kind of TV. I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tune a bush TV? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I tune a bush TV model AK37 (SN:5348247200212). I don't have the instruction manual. I have the original remote control and I can find the channels there's just no OK or confirm button.

How to tune a Bush WS6674 [ 2 Answers ]

HI, this is my first time on this site and wondered if anyone can help me please. I need to retune a Bush WS6674 TV and have lost the instruction manual. Can any one help me with the correct procedure. Thanks automag38

How do I tune in a bush TV with remote control [ 8 Answers ]

Please can somebody help me I carnt find my users manual for my bush TV and I want to tune in a video without doing it on scart

View more questions Search