Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinlabs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 04:42 PM
    Foreign Pension Plans and Annual Accretions
    Mr X lives in country Y and pays tax on the annual accretions in the plan for 20 years, Mr X is transferred to the US to work. Does his US tax basis include those annual accretions he paid tax on. Logic says that it does, but I cannot find anything on point that states that. Does anyone know of a citation I can reference to validate this point? Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 05:14 PM
    This seems to be a homework question.

Regardless, this is often determined by the tax treaty between the country.
    twinlabs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 06:03 PM
    Oh yes-I've been doing lots of homework and cannot come up with anything right on point. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lee invests $300,000 today and plans to make 9 equal annual investments into the fund [ 1 Answers ]

Lee invests $300,000 today and plans to make 9 equal annual investments into the fund beginning one year from today. What amount should the payments be if Lee plans to establish the $1,898,000 foundation at the end of 9 years?

Which companies in the 1970s stoled their employees pension plans? [ 3 Answers ]

Which companies in the 1970s stoled their employees pension plans?

Tax-deductible pension plans [ 1 Answers ]

What pension plans are tax-deductible?

Pension plans [ 2 Answers ]

Describe the types of pension plans most often found in governmental entities and the differences between them. Do you expect that most governmental employers sponsor a “single-employer plan” or participate in a public employee retirement system (PERS)

Foreign pension [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to claim as income money that you receive from a foreign country from a pension?

View more questions Search