Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahwish ali Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Vaginal infection
    Hi.. I got vaginal infection soon after my marriage... but now its fine after proper treatment.. but a few days back I felt a white creamy discharge without any smell or irritation.. and today I am having pain in my lower abdomen,legs and back.. I also feel fever sometimes.plz guide me what to do?
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Aug 16, 2013, 11:45 AM
    You should check with your doctor for an examination.

Sometimes infections can be caused by the hubby/partner not being as clean as should be, or you being 'too clean". Also real tight jeans, if you wear them. Many things can cause infections. You should ask your gynecologist ways to avoid future infections.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 16, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Not enough information.
    I can only GUESS, but you tell us: was your first infection bacterial, and you took an antibiotic? Antibiotics often cause the vagina pH to be out of balance, and yeast moves in. Yeast is white, like cottage cheese, or sometimes yellowish.
    So... now you need a different treatment. You can buy Monistat in a drugstore, but it's best if the doctor diagnoses it.

Aug 16, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Not enough information.
    I can only GUESS, but you tell us: was your first infection bacterial, and you took an antibiotic? Antibiotics often cause the vagina pH to be out of balance, and yeast moves in. Yeast is white, like cottage cheese, or sometimes yellowish.
    So... now you need a different treatment. You can buy Monistat in a drugstore, but it's best if the doctor diagnoses it.
    Yes that was bacterial.. dr called it ''honeymoon cystitis''

Aug 16, 2013, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsila1777 View Post
    You should check with your doctor for an examination.

Sometimes infections can be caused by the hubby/partner not being as clean as should be, or you being 'too clean". Also real tight jeans, if you wear them. Many things can cause infections. You should ask your gynecologist ways to avoid future infections.
    Hmmm.. may be infection again.. m sick of it:(
    current pert

Aug 16, 2013, 03:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure you now have a yeast infection.
    You don't have to go back to the doctor to go get Monistat, but if you can, please do so.

You had a bacterial infection because your tender tissues were rubbed raw and the skin broke enough to let bacteria in. Your husband needs to be more gentle and you need to buy some lubricant. (He can get your natural lubricant flowing with his hands.)

You got yeast because you had to take an antibiotic. Some women are prone to them anyway, and there are ways to avoid them naturally, but for now you need that Monistat!

Aug 17, 2013, 03:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure you now have a yeast infection.
    You don't have to go back to the doctor to go get Monistat, but if you can, please do so.

You had a bacterial infection because your tender tissues were rubbed raw and the skin broke enough to let bacteria in. Your husband needs to be more gentle and you need to buy some lubricant. (He can get your natural lubricant flowing with his hands.)

You got yeast because you had to take an antibiotic. Some women are prone to them anyway, and there are ways to avoid them naturally, but for now you need that Monistat!
    Hmmmm.. thnx n pray:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 03:31 AM
    Hneymoon cystitis is better known as a urinary tract infection. It is typically caused by having intercourse frequently and will little lubrication.

It has nothing to do with yeast.

You will have to have another course of antibiotics. Then you will need to make sure that you urinate before intercourse, proper lubrication during intercourse, and urinate after intercourse.
    current pert

Aug 17, 2013, 04:46 AM
    J_9, I'm pretty sure she was cured of the UTI, and the white discharge (probably yeast) came later. I never said that a UTI and yeast have anything to do with each other. I said that antibiotics and yeast have something to do with each.

Aug 17, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mahwish ali View Post
    hmmm..may be infection again..m sick of it:(
    ONLY your doctor can tell you exactly what is wrong with you, and what you should do about it, please check with your doctor.

Aug 17, 2013, 09:31 AM
    Actually I had that white discharge for only 3 to 4 days and then it stopped.. I don't have any itching or burning.. the only issue is that I feel lower abdominal pain and discomfort.. I'll visit the doc again

Aug 17, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mahwish ali View Post
    actually I had that white discharge for only 3 to 4 days and then it stopped ..I don't have any itching or burning..the only issue is that I feel lower abdominal pain and discomfort..i'll visit the doc again
    Thank you, so glad to hear it! When you've had several yeast infections or UTIs you will know all the symptoms and can buy over the counter products. But this sounds like more than just an infections. Thanks for letting me know. God bless.

Aug 17, 2013, 09:54 AM
    Thank you, so glad to hear it! When you've had several yeast infections or UTIs you will know all the symptoms and can buy over the counter products. But this sounds like more than just an infections. Thanks for letting me know. God bless.

Also will you let me know what happens and how you are doing, please?
    current pert

Aug 17, 2013, 10:51 AM
    PLEASE tell us what OTC products cure UTI!

'Also will you let me know what happens and how you are doing, please?' -- Requests for a reply are to be kept out in the open forum, not personal contact, so please avoid 'thanks for letting me know' and 'will you let me know' in the future.

Aug 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
    PLEASE tell us what OTC products cure UTI!

'Also will you let me know what happens and how you are doing, please?' -- Requests for a reply are to be kept out in the open forum, not personal contact, so please avoid 'thanks for letting me know' and 'will you let me know' in the future.
    Why are you so upset? I never gave her any personal info on how to 'let me know'... I am interested in this person and would like to know if she is OK and that her symptoms are not more serious than a simple infection. There was no personal contact, what made you think that? Why do you even care?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 06:42 PM
    Also will you let me know what happens and how you are doing, please?
    Over the counter products cannot cure a urinary tract infection. Only antibiotics can do this!

Aug 17, 2013, 06:45 PM
    Well beat me with a stick. I thought this was about the OP??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 06:56 PM
    Well beat me with a stick. I thought this was about the OP??????????????????
    What do you mean??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 07:24 PM
    This IS about the OP. You told her that OTC products can help once she knows the symptoms. That was incorrect information TO the OP.

We ave to be careful that what we post is concise and accurate to the OP.

To Joy, yes, you are correct in that the abx can cause the yeast infection.

Aug 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    This IS about the OP. You told her that OTC products can help once she knows the symptoms. That was incorrect information TO the OP.

We ave to be careful that what we post is concise and accurate to the OP.

To Joy, yes, you are correct in that the abx can cause the yeast infection.

OK I know the symptoms and I have used them and did not have to go to the doctor. So, sorry OP, I did not mean to give you bad advise or mis-information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal infection [ 1 Answers ]

I have vaginal infection infectional period what should I do personal part I have boils

Vaginal infection [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if this could be an infection my vagina is itching and burning and it let's out a thick white fluid

Do I have a vaginal infection? [ 4 Answers ]

The smell of my cycle is way different than normal. It kind of smells like a metal. And my cycle is lighter if that has something to do with it. Do I have an infection? What can I do, if so?

Vaginal infection? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm 18 years old and I've been on Triqiluar birth control for about 4-5 months now. Since I've been on birth controls me and my boyfriend decide not to use condoms because I'm allergic to them. We usually are sexually active about once every 2 weeks for about 10 minutes max. But for the past...

Vaginal infection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a vaginal infection now. I had it once before. I experience itching, burning and irritation in the area. Some sores have appeared and my clitoris are swollen. I have pains when I urinate. Can you help me please. Maybe you could suggest a possible cause.

View more questions Search