Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 10:10 AM
    NOT ALL UTIs ARE BACTERIAL is true but you are skating on very thin ice throwing such generalizations out here without SPECIFIC information!! You just won't stop being too vague.

"E. coli is the cause of 80–85% of urinary tract infections, with Staphylococcus saprophyticus being the cause in 5–10%. Rarely they may be due to viral or fungal infections. Other bacterial causes include: Klebsiella, Proteus, Pseudomonas, and Enterobacter. These are uncommon and typically related to abnormalities of the urinary system or urinary catheterization. Urinary tract infections due to Staphylococcus aureus typically occur secondary to blood-borne infections."

RARELY! Countless women are online everyday with bacterial UTIs. I have yet to hear from one who had a fungal or viral one!
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsila1777 View Post
    Thank you, I do have links and the different types of UTI, and can purchase the test strips they use in doctors. Not all UTIs are bacterial. HOWEVER, If you read the whole thread When I was talking to the OP I told her twice to go to the doctor...NEVER did I tell her to test or treat herself...........the rest was to try to explain to, whoever they were, that would not leave it alone. I too have poor impulse control, and I should have simply ignored their remarks. But I took the bait and the more I tried to explain, the more they jabbed. I think I have learned my lesson and will answer only to the OP from now on. Thank you.
    You diagnosed her. Doesn't matter if it was a copy and paste or otherwise. Quit trying to spin it into something else.

You might not want to respond at all until you get a good feel for the subject matter. No advice is better than bad advice. You gave REALLY bad advice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 03:30 PM
    Not all UTIs are bacterial? What are they viral?

UTIs are treated with antibiotics. Antibiotics kill bacteria.

If they are not caused by bacteria, what are they caused by? Let's not bring up kidney stones, that's not what we are talking about.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
    My research did reveal that a small number of UTIs are fungal or viral. But I have never known anyone, heard of anyone, read of anyone, having one, or myself had any but bacterial. I never knew about them until today.
    UTIs may be common but they can be very serious.
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Aug 19, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    My research did reveal that a small number of UTIs are fungal or viral. But I have never known anyone, heard of anyone, read of anyone, having one, or myself had any but bacterial. I never knew about them until today.
    UTIs may be common but they can be very serious.

Me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal infection [ 1 Answers ]

I have vaginal infection infectional period what should I do personal part I have boils

Vaginal infection [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if this could be an infection my vagina is itching and burning and it let's out a thick white fluid

Do I have a vaginal infection? [ 4 Answers ]

The smell of my cycle is way different than normal. It kind of smells like a metal. And my cycle is lighter if that has something to do with it. Do I have an infection? What can I do, if so?

Vaginal infection? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm 18 years old and I've been on Triqiluar birth control for about 4-5 months now. Since I've been on birth controls me and my boyfriend decide not to use condoms because I'm allergic to them. We usually are sexually active about once every 2 weeks for about 10 minutes max. But for the past...

Vaginal infection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a vaginal infection now. I had it once before. I experience itching, burning and irritation in the area. Some sores have appeared and my clitoris are swollen. I have pains when I urinate. Can you help me please. Maybe you could suggest a possible cause.

View more questions Search