Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schlack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 06:01 PM
    Michigan mobile home problem
    I have a question. I bought a manufactured home in 2004. I used a title company as well as my credit union at closing. The affidavit of affixture was signed at closing. Title company informed me in 2011 that they said that I must have gotten it back and I needed to sign another one and back date to the original document date. I would not have over looked an import document as that. The original I sign also had title co. name and address of the title company as who it should be returned to. The issue is I notice that the parcel # is not accurate on what they want me to sign again as well I don't understand why it needs to be back dated. If they didn't get the approval and they submitted it to be registered? Why not just ask that agency for a copy? Instead of having us sign new papers?
    If any one has an answer or knows of a good real estate attorney that practices in Michigan please let me know?
    schlack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello m:

Yuppers, that's what I'd do.

excon
    Any suggestions?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 06:42 AM
    Post moved from this thread.

Ask the title company to correct the affidavit they want you to sign, reciting the correct number. And don't back-date it. If they want it to be effective on the previous date, for some reason, insist that it recites that (effective such-and-such date), but shows the date on which you actually sign it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 08:31 AM
    I agree, always have correct date, it can show it is a correction for previous one, I would not back date either

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home purchase -- Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

I and an ex-fiance purchased a mobile home via a chattel or a personal loan in Michigan. He filed bankruptcy a year ago and I did not file as a creditor, or someone who has an outstanding loan with him. He has moved out, leaving us with a loan that I can not afford to pay. Should I walk away,...

Mobile home repossesion laws in Michigan [ 7 Answers ]

My mother-in-law was in the hospital for over a month. She's now home but will not be going back to work as she is very ill with cancer. She has a mobile home in Michigan in a mobile home park. She has a title to the mobile home. She had a small social security payment and gets monthly from her...

Mobile/Manufactured home foreclosure in Michigan [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, All, My friend has decided to leave her mobile home and move in with her boyfriend. She purchased her mobile home in 2003, lost her job three months later, and got another job which she has had for seven years. Unfortunately, she has never quite been able to recoup from those three months...

Mobile Home Foreclosure in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently living in a family members mobile home in Michigan that they have not been paying on. I only pay lot rent and have no contract with anyone regarding the arrangements. Recently I found out that maybe a little over 2 months ago the mobile home went into foreclosure. I don't know all...

Mobile home furnace problem [ 0 Answers ]

I live in a trailer. My furnace uses kerosene. I recently had the blower motor and pump replaced as well as the filter and nozzle. The kerosene tank is full. However, when the furnace turns on, it runs for a few minutes and then turns off and the little red trip light goes off. And the blower...

View more questions Search