Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Candyy_Flosss Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 05:21 AM
    Belly button piercing is red normal or not?
    I had my belly button pierced on Monday and it was fine, not red not even sore. Then on Wednesday it started hurting and was real sore, then has now got a red rash almost like a burn where the bar is. It's real sore now and I clean it 3 times everday. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there someone I can do to stop the soreness and get rid of the redness? Help please.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 06:23 AM
    I think possibly the bar is made of some base metal and not silver; that is why the burn is appearing. The bar has to be pure silver.

What are you cleaning with? Should only be using salt water solution and a clean cloth, and of course clean hands.
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2013, 12:09 PM
    tickle's right. And what amterial is the bar? You should have something surgical steel or titanium. Don't use any harsh products like hydrogen peroxide or dial. It's generally normal for a small amount of pain during the healing process.

Aug 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
    To clean it, I use savlon! I got told to put it on a cotton bud and clean both top and bottom of the bar. Its silver but not sure what ty

Aug 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Its silver but not sure what type bar it is**
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyy_Flosss View Post
    Its silver but not sure what type bar it is**
    What is salvon? You should be using nothing but salt in warm water and rinse. Keek is right about the metal, too.

If it s irritating the skin, it isn't pure silver

Thst must come out and get titanium or pure silver

Aug 16, 2013, 02:13 PM
    Savlon was what I got told to use by the women who done it. It says it prevents infections.

Thank you both for your help:).
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Well it hasn't been preventing infection

Aug 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Well what shall I do? I don't want to have it re-pierced because I had a bad experience in having it done.
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 02:23 PM
    You don't have to have it pierced again. Discontinue using the salvon and start rinsing the area with warm salt water for a few days and see how it goes. Keep us posted.

Aug 16, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Thank you I will do that and try the salt water
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Just remember. Everything you use has to be CLEAN, A CLEAN CLOTH EVERY TIME.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little red bubble on belly button piercing [ 1 Answers ]

When I push my belly button ring up there is a little red bubble thing at the tip does this mean its infected?? And should I pop the bubble or just leave it!!

My belly button piercing is really red and dry around the balls. Is that normal? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend thinks its infected but I know it's not because it doesn't hurt and it doesn't look gross. It's just really dry mostly by the top ball and it's red but I know that's normal. I just want I make sure if it is normal for the dry skin to be there or not because he's scaring me by saying...

Belly button piercing now a little red [ 2 Answers ]

Okayso I just got my bellybutton pierced 4 days ago. It's a little red on top and somewhat sore. It also gets itchy sometimess. My piercest said just to use antibacterial soap on it. Because sea salt dries it out... and he told me not to turn it. But anywayss is this normal?

Belly button piercing turning red [ 1 Answers ]

My belly button piercing is turning red I'm hoping it's not infected because my parents don't know about it and I don't need an infection

Swollen red belly button piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Ive had my belly button piercd for 5 weeks now and for about two weeks themiddlepart has been swollen and it hurts, the top and bottom is not red at all its justthe middle. What is wrong?

View more questions Search