Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daisy2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 10:27 PM
    Can I leave the state with my son
    I have a parenting plan in place I'm ordered to stay in the same state as my sons father. I'm wanting to leave the state to be with family and support. He isn't paying child support (which he is ordered to) he's 4 months behind doesn't visit his son. I'm wanting to know the process that I need to go about and how likely a judge would approve it to let me be with family and have help with my son
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2013, 03:12 AM
    The process is to go back to the court and ask for a modification of the parenting plan. Keep a log on his missed visitation. Generally visitation and support are separate issues, so you need to show that a) the child will benefit from the increased support system and b) that the father is not using the visitation granted him.

You cannot leave the state without court permission. That will put you in contempt of court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a father leave the state with his son without mother permission [ 2 Answers ]

Can a father leave the state of Florida to the state of Arazona Without telling his mother

Can I leave the state of Alabama with my son ? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is can I leave the state of Alabama with my son? The father and I aren't married, he is very controlling and I have no where to stay in town to wait on any court to say its OK. The father seems to keep telling me that he heard that I can't leave the state with out going thur the courts...

Can I leave the state with my kid and file full custity out of state? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can take my kid with me and leave the state of Ohio, we are sharing 50/50 custody right now. Live under same roof. We fight too much and this house is a pig pin. I guess what I am asking can I leave and file full custody out of state with her 'my little girl'

View more questions Search