Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dahluvdocta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 09:24 PM
    97 Grand Voyager Electric problem
    97 Plymouth grand voyager check engine light and cruise comes on at he same time . I have no control over the cruise . When starting the speedometer jumps all the way then back sometimes 2-3 times fast . The vehicle works fine up until it gets hot ( normal operating temp) . That's when the lights come on . I'm constantly getting 1 code p0123 . I have changed the ECM , BCM , TCM , tps , cam sensor , crankshift sensor and clock spring . I'm losing my mind . The symptoms present only when engine is warm/ hot . They include high shifting rpm at 3,000 + , bucking when shifting , random stall when gas pedal is released ( not too often ) , sometimes when gas pedal is released at a stop and go intersection the gear would shift to neutral . I tried driving it on gear 3 and it still jerks . Several people have seen of heard of this an everything I changed was what they told me could be the issue . I'm fed up please HELP . Thank you
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 16, 2013, 04:35 AM
    Before you threw all of those expensive parts at the vehicle, did you attempt tp repair the Throttle Position sensor and associated wiring? That is what the p0123 code indicates. The wiring in these particular vehicles can be problematic and checking all of the wiring associated with the TPS should have been the first thing you did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plymouth grand voyager 1998? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager with 3.3L engine and 4 speed automatic transmission. Today the speed and rpm gauges stopped to work. They show 0 while driving. What's the problem?

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager BCM [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I replaced the BCM in my 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager with a used one from a salvage yard. As soon as we re-connected the battery, the alarm starting going off ( we did not even know the van had a security system as the alarm has never gone off and we do not have the keyless remote ) We...

1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager overheating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager Espresso mini-van that has started to get hot when the temperature outside is above 90 degrees and the air conditioning is running with the engine on idle. If the car is moving at normal city driving speeds it is fine. If you turn the A/C off the engine cools...

1999 Grand Voyager starting trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager that gives us trouble starting when it is very cold! The starter will click a couple of times and then nothing! Then, maybe 10 seconds later, it will just kick off as if there were no trouble. Any suggestions as to causes? We have considered the starter, the...

97 Grand Voyager [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know where to locate the trailer wiring harness on a 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager ?

View more questions Search