Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    westpest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Compressor won't start
    The compressor is one year old. The three wires coming out of it looks great. Has a new capacitor just put on. The fan runs and slows everything 51 seconds but the compressor never starts up
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Could be a locked compressor or as simple as a bad capacitor.
    westpest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 05:55 PM
    It was running Thursday I turned it off and when I turned it back on it didn't come on. I replace the capacitor yesterday. Compressor still not starting
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2013, 12:53 PM
    You need to get a hard start booster from a hvac company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana ac compressor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have an amana compressor and yesterday it stopped working. When I turn on the ac the cooling fan comes on and there is a humming noise that comes from the compressor for about 2 seconds. And ultimately the compressor does not come on. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Heat pump compressor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have 230 to the compressor, fan runs, guages don't move, I checked the windings and they are good, there is continuity between the two and neither is grounded to the case, the contactor snaps in, the two wires are hot at the compressor at that time? Won't run. This unit has been sitting for two...

Compressor and blower fan won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is wil43 my question is this What is the problem when the condensing fan motor comes on and the compressor is not running?

Compressor won't start after replacing blown fuse [ 1 Answers ]

I had a blown fuse in my Janitol furnace that caused my entire system to not function. Once I replaced the fuse, everything worked except for the compressor.

Why won't Air compressor start ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello guys , here is my problem , a few months ago I bought a small portable air compressor , a Dewalt with the little twin tanks which I used mainly with the nail gun that came along with it. Last week my 14yr old son decided he wanted to use it to inflate his bike tyre and it hasn't work since....

View more questions Search