Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeep2005 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 04:54 PM
    Temp emergency full physical custody of 7 year old daughter
    I NEED TO FILE AND EMERGENCY REQUEST FOR TEMP FULL CUSTODY OF DAUGHTER Because MOTHER HAS NOW REGISTERED HER IN HER
    5TH ELEMENTARTY SCHOOL IN 2 YEARS, FEB-JULY 2013, 4TH SCHOOL STARTED - DAUGHTER MISSED 49 DAYS OF SCHOOL. DOCUMENTED. DOCUMENTS TO THIS NEW SCHOOL IN A DIFFERENT DISTRICT HAVE BEWEN FALSIFIED - DID NOT ADVISED 49 MISSED DAYS, BEHIND IN 2ND GRADE CURRICULAR AND NOW NOT PREPARED FOR 3RD GRADE. SHE STATE SHE HAS FULL PHYSICAL CUSTODY ETC. I HAVE LIVED IN OCEANSIDE, CA MY WHOLE LIFE AND MY DAUGHTER HAS LIVED HER FOR 2. MY MOM, ONLY GRANDMA, RAISED HER IN AMADOR COUNTY FROM 0-5. WE GOT CUSTODY AND NOW MY DAUGHTER IS AN EMOTIONAL MESS TO SAY THE LEAST. THIS CHANGE OF SCHOOL VENU IS DETRIMENTAL EMOTIONALLY AND EDUCATIONAL.

Grandparents raised her old school & she speaks her minds. She has to play referee between myself and mother. She is depressed. She needs a court appointed therapist. She wants to live with me full time. She has her own bedroom etc. Grandma lives next store in Senior Community for grandma-care.
    Mother has only 1 bedroom for her and daughter - daughter sleeps on floor. Male roommate scares my daughter and mother refuses background check for molesters. I don't have his full name.

Enough - CPS doesn't give a dam and advised as long as minor has food, place to sleep etc. emotional abuse does not count for removal of child. Emotional Abuse is a lifetime problem; physical abuse ends when it stops

Please give me some advice. I am at my wits end!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2013, 06:26 PM
    Get an attorney knowledgeable about custody matters.

Aug 15, 2013, 07:23 PM
    That is Plan B -

Thanks much,
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep2005 View Post
    That is Plan B -

Thanks much,
    That should be plan A.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 07:51 PM
    Missing that many days of school in CA (where I teach) would be a red flag for attendance issues. That should have triggered a meeting with parents, school administration, law enforcement, counselors, and CPS. It is called a SARB meeting where I teach. If the Mom did not have full custody as you stated, then how were you not involved in her education? You would have been in contact with her teachers, etc.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Yep, I use to get truancy fines for my daughter cutting less than that.

Aug 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That should be plan A.

Yes you are right.

Thanks

Aug 15, 2013, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Missing that many days of school in CA (where I teach) would be a red flag for attendance issues. That should have triggered a meeting with parents, school administration, law enforcement, counselors, and CPS. It is called a SARB meeting where I teach. If the Mom did not have full custody as you stated, then how were you not involved in her education? You would have been in contact with her teachers, etc.
    This is in San Diego County, California. Oceanside Unified School District AND Vista Unified School District & Del Mar Unified School District

My mom/grandma raised her and she went to private Christian School in Amador County, NoCalifornia. She was ahead of everyone when we got her. Grandma moved down for 9 months because of this mess and emotional abuse. My dad died and now she is here permanently and watches my daughter 2/3 of the time. She is anal about education and college and she seems to have a life goal for my daughter. She wants to take us both to court for temporary guardianship until this is cleared up.

It seems she may have a better chance than myself or the bio-mom. Not sure.

Thanks for listening

Paul
    Education Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep2005 View Post
    This is in San Diego County, California. Oceanside Unified School District AND Vista Unified School District & Del Mar Unified School District

My mom/grandma raised her and she went to private Christian School in Amador County, NoCalifornia. She was ahead of everyone when we got her. Grandma moved down for 9 months because of this mess and emotional abuse. My dad died and now she is here permanently and watches my daughter 2/3 of the time. She is anal about education and college and she seems to have a life goal for my daughter. She wants to take us both to court for temporary guardianship until this is cleared up.

Thanks for listening

Paul
    Again I'm not sure why these absences didn't trigger CPS reporting. In the meantime, what was and is your custody? Why didn't you have custody before? Doing well in school in the lower grades doesn't always transfer to the upper grades. I'd meet with her teacher, principal, and school counselor if you have a custody agreement to prove your physical custody. Otherwise, the school will not help you as a non-custodial parent.
    Education Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 08:42 PM
    I was confused so I read your other posts. Your other question shows this user name as the grandmother raising her granddaughter. Now, you are the father??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 09:07 PM
    Merely moving, does not mean that they are bad parents, if so, many military families would be at great risk.

The way the child is raised, feed, treated is what they will look at.
    If the only thing you have, and it seems to be, is moving schools, opinion do not waste the courts time
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 12:45 AM

Thanks for listening

Paul
    I'm confused. In this thread it is the grandmother posting.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ts-760732.html

Would you mind clearing this up Paul?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2013, 04:56 AM
    That's why I didn't reply due to the confusión of whose who.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have full physical and legal custody of my 7yr old, my ex hasn't seen her since 200 [ 1 Answers ]

I have full physical and legal custody of my 7yr old, my ex hasn't seen her since 2006, I an married now and she has a sibling with his and my new last name, can I file for abandonment and get her name changed to my new husband and what is the waiting period in Ohio

I have temp. Custody of my niece how do I get full custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can...

Full physical custody and vacation laws in CA [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have full physical custody of both my daughters. My ex-husband is extremely irate with me because he now has a lien against him for unpaid child support. I am taking the summer off work and I'm planning on taking my daughters from California on a trip to Oregon for 3 weeks to visit...

View more questions Search