Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ike133 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 07:22 AM
    I have an American Water filter W38 PRA - how do I change the filter?
    American Plumbing Water Filter
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 04:42 PM
    Hi Ike

It should be as simple as shutting off the water supply and then pressing the RED BUTTON on top of the filter (see image). Here, when you press the red button on top of the filter, water will squirt out, but that is a good "squirt" as it is reducing pressure to the filter which will allow you to more easily remove the filter housing. ;)

Use some silicone grease (not caulking... GREASE) to lubricate the O-ring on the filter housing... makes reinstalling and future filter removal much easier!

Give this a shot.

Back to you...

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 yr old maytag french door refrig won't put out water. Replaced filter, no change [ 1 Answers ]

Ice maker seems to be working. (so far) Just moved in about 6 weeks ago, so know nothing about the appliances. Someone suggested changing the filter, so I did that, but no help. Pulled it out, didn't see any kinks in tubing. HELP!

How to change water filter on ge fridge [ 0 Answers ]

I cannot find the water filter on my side by side model# gss20gewgbb. Can you tell me where it is located?

How to change water filter on GE refrigerator? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I change the water filter on my GE side by side refrigerator model # gsh25sgpc ss? I cannot find my owners manual or find it online. Thanks for your help.

Water Filter that will Filter Calcium [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is having trouble with kidney stones and they seem to be calcium stones. We would like to get a under the sink filter system that will filter the calcium (among other things). Can you suggest a good filtration system. We have well water. Thank you! :)

Water Filter cartridge change [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Plumbing Whole House Filter modelW10-PR. I have routinely changed the cartridge every 3 months for 4 years now. Yesterday I went down to do so and find that I cannot open the filter. Matter of fact I broke the wrench in attempting to do so. The water is off, the pressure has...

View more questions Search