Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renlo123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 01:19 PM
    How to track down a missing amended tax return
    I sent in my 2010 amended tax return via mail June 6,2013. It's been 9 weeks and I haven't received it yet and when I call to check on it, the recording says it not in the system. Should I be concerned that it got lost in the mail and if so, what do I do?
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Aug 14, 2013, 01:37 PM
    Did you check here (some amended returns are not in the system):
    Where's My Amended Return?

It can take up to 12 weeks to process an amended return and a few extra days to receive your refund. If you haven't received it by 13 weeks, call again and talk to an agent

Always send your paperwork registered/certified to have proof of mailing and a receipt when they receive it!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 02:07 PM
    Actually, for the past year, the processing time for amendments has been as long as six months. I suspect that budget cuts are to blame.

Regardless, wait until the end of September. If the amendment is not on Where's My Amended Return? By then, re-submit using registered mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I track a state tax amended refund from 2008 [ 3 Answers ]

I filed an amended return for tax year 2008 in feb of this year and its been 8 weeks... how can I check the status of the refund for the state of Indiana.

Refiling amended tax return 2007 (For tax rebate)? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have question regarding old 2007 tax return. I didn't get any tax rebate when I filed for 2007 tax returns because my wife didn't have SSN. She got her SSN in early 2008, and I heard recently from someone that I could have filed for an amended 2007 return with her new SSN to get the...

W-2 amended tax return [ 1 Answers ]

I received another w-2 after filing the original tax return for 2009. Should I attach all w-2's on the amended tax return ?

Form 1040X - Amended tax return for tax credit - lines 18-24 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about filling out the tax form 1040X. I am trying to apply for the first time home buyer tax credit. I have filled out form 5405, but need to complete filling out form 1040X but I can not get the numbers to add up. I need help understanding what I should put on lines 18-20....

Amended tax return [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out the status of a amended tax return?

View more questions Search