Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicholas Groves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 09:50 AM
    Absconding case
    Hi, I am the OWNER of a sole establishment in Dubai. As such I do not have a sponsor, rather I have an agent who I pay a fee to each year, he is obviously an emerati.
    Recently the agent took a cheque case against me, which I settled immediately in court for 750,000 dirhams. This related to PDC's he said would never be cashed, but that's another story.
    The cheque case however did result in my detention in central Jail awaiting the proper release papers from the court (a total of ten days). Prior to this I was held in Al reefa police station awaiting the court date.
    During my detention he also decided to report myself (remember he is an agent not the owner) and the three individuals who work for me for absconding.
    This I found out when I was released from central jail and taken to immigration Jail where I spent another 11 days before being given bail (with the help of the british embassy) to try and resolve the problem.
    I have appointed legal council and have visited the MOL for formal appointments and on spec along with my agent who has now decided he will drop the cases but I am now facing what appears to be a stubborn government department that does not want to hear the facts and I am having no luck in getting the cases dropped.
    Sorry for the long preamble - my question is this. Can an absconding case even be cancelled realistically? Or must I resign myself to my fate of a lifetime ban, giving up everything I have built here over the last 15 years? Or is there anywhere or anyone I can speak to who will look at this with a little more common sense than the others.
    I might just add that the company has not stopped trading and the three employees have received salaries every month as usual and have signed reciepts to this effect. We have however moved offices as we were asked to move from our old offices by the agent.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancelled visa is possible to file absconding case? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have finished my 3 years of contract and I am already cancelled and I already consumed my 30 days staying here in Dubai, My company threatened me to go out the country in my last day. But I didn't leave the country because I didn't get my money from my company, Is it possible that they can...

How can I know if my sponsor file a case of absconding? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently applied in the freezone company and my previous company is in the private.my cancellation last February 27.but before February 27 I'm asking the previous company to give my passport for the stamping of my new visa but they ask me some more requirements. And I'm over stayed for 4 days...

Absconding case in um al qwain uae [ 1 Answers ]

Im cherrilyn v. Rivera. I have absconding case in um al qwain last dec. 2008. I want toknow if I can still go to uae for visit visa

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.